• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Let your spaetzle dough rest in the fridge. Then cook in water, drain and fry in in butter and onions.

It will change your life.

Now that right there is German Engineering at it finest:D
    Anybody know where a guy can get a good spaetzle press?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Once you have cubed venison, you'll never want burger again. I think making burger out of a deer is such a waste of good meat sometimes. Take the cubed venison patties and dredge in seasoned flour, throw it in a cake pan. Do a bunch, cover the bottom of the cake pan. Diced up a sweet onion or two and throw that on top of the meat, then dump in a can or two of sliced mushrooms, drained. Now mix up 2 cups of brown gravy mix and pour that over the stuff in the pan. Hit with a good dose of black pepper. Bake in the oven on 350 for about an hour, or until the meat is tender and the gravy has thickened up. Serve over your favorite kind of rice, or squarshed potaters. Really good with fresh hot biscuits made from self rising flour and milk. Do not used those canned "whoppin" biscuits, they ain't fit to eat.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Venisonn vegetable soup is good too. Can your venison hunks in clean and chip free jars. You must pressure can meat, or you'll kill everyone in the house. When I can beef or venison I fill the jars and pressure can for 55 minutes at about 11-13 lbs of pressure. Never had any go bad.

Dump a pint or quart of canned venison hunks in to a big pot, pour in a couple bags of your favorite mixed vegetables, several diced potatoes, and a can of petite diced tomatoes. Add about 1 or two boxes/cans of reduced sodium beef broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let this simmer for an hour or two.

Serve in a big bowl with a hunk of cornbread on the side. It'll warm you up and it tastes great. I always add hot sauce to my bowl.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Press [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Kuchenprofi-Potato-Ricer-Spaetzle-Stainless/dp/B000679FYY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351004264&sr=8-2&keywords=spaetzle+press]Kuchenprofi Potato Ricer/Spaetzle Press in 18/10 Stainless Steel: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

I always follow ball book on canning times and pressure, and I always bring my canned meat up to a boil for a minimum of five minutes before eating.

10 pounds pressure 1 hour and 15 minutes for pints and 1 hour and 30 minutes for quarts, adjusting for altitude.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Venison vegetable soup is good too.

My wife makes an awesome soup. I'd give the recipe but it's never the same twice. Those bacon wrapped medallions look awesome. I'm gonna try something like those I think: sear with olive oil (and fresh garlic and onions) until brown wrap in bacon and then bake until done. Sour dough roles, tossed salad heavy on the black olives.

bubba31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    my favorites are backstrap grilled with bacon,a spanish stew my wife makes in the crockpot,deer burgers,steak tacos,most anything made with venison :) lol,one thing I'm gonna try is maple glazed chops,I've made it with pork chops,I wanna try it with deer

ashlynsdaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    butterfly cut tenderloin. season salt and pepper. sear on grill. little blood never hurt anyone finish with garlic butter let stand few minutes before cutting. same way i grill a ribeye.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    Marinade backstrap or tenderloin overnight in the following: 1/4 C olive oil, 1/4 C honey, 1/4 C lemon juice, 2 cloves of crushed garlic, and 1 Tbsp of Worchestershire sause.
    Grill to medium rare. As my daughter would say, "Nutritious and delicious."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    whole deer loin. Marinade them in milk to get rid of the game taste, throw them straight over screaming hot charcoals, with sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and garlic salt. Before taking them off the grill apply melted butter. AMAZING.

Another one of my favorites when you have "bambi meat" cut out both rips whole. put them over charcoal with nothing more than salt, pepper, and garlic salt. The rip meat on smaller deer is extremely sweet and tender, you can add barbeque if you'd like but i enjoy them with the smoky flavor of the charcoal. Make sure to eat them hot, otherwise the fat on the ribs turns thick, but they are extremely tastey and most people through rib meat in the discard bucket, this is a great way to enjoy the best meat and after trying them once, it makes the effort of processing a small deer worth every bit.

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I make a breakfast sausage with venison, ground pork, salt, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. My family loves this and it is a nice change from more traditional sage sausage.

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    my favorite is backstraps cut into chops rolled in a beaten egg then drop them in a bag of flour mixed with mccormicks Shake them up then I fry them like pork chops in a pan

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    Chilli, jerky, and roast also good but my other favorite is I cut my stakes real thick and leave the fat on them and rub them with the mccormicks steak rub and they are better than high dollar steaks at the steak house.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    DEER VEGETABLE SOUP! :rockwoot:

Bring enough water to fill a crockpot almost 3/4 full. While its boiling drop beef bullion cubes in. (1 per cup of water or so).

While water is on its way to boiling, drop some olive oil in a skillet and take some backstrap or tenderloin and cut them into cubes. When oil is hot drop the cubes in and sear on both sides.

Fill crockpot with country style mixed vegetables(drained) and put in cubes and beef bullion water. Put crockpot on low for 6hrs and then high about 1-2hrs before you are ready to eat.

Makes for good lunch during deer season! I always take a pot with me to camp for lunch time! (It helps to get 4 deer the previous deer season) :D

Very cheap and easy to make! Yum Yum

Top Bottom