• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    my girlfriend is not a gun enthusiast so sometimes(more like everytime) ive had to come up with logical reasons to justify why i need another gun.

My mosin......my friends all got 1

My sar 1......look at how abused it is it needs me

my mk2..........i need a handgun thats cheap to shoot

my psl..........you can buy both pairs of shoes honey

My ar..........i need something to do while your gonna be gone

i know there were others but their lost in the fog.

What did you have to do to get that new toy?:banana:

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I didn't have to make any excuses to buy any of my guns lol. He's fully supported every one of my purchases just as I've supported his gun purchases..but I did have a reason for every gun I have..the Taurus PT22 my ex husband thought would be the perfect carry gun, the Bersa 380 that I actually want to carry, my Ruger 10/22 for Appleseed..etc. Next is a shotgun. But first I have to decide what I want to use it for. Which will mean I can buy another shotgun for a different purpose ;)

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    my girlfriend is not a gun enthusiast so sometimes(more like everytime) ive had to come up with logical reasons to justify why i need another gun.

My mosin......my friends all got 1

My sar 1......look at how abused it is it needs me

my mk2..........i need a handgun thats cheap to shoot

my psl..........you can buy both pairs of shoes honey

My ar..........i need something to do while your gonna be gone

i know there were others but their lost in the fog.

What did you have to do to get that new toy?:banana:

:whip: Just kidding

Oh look! A gun!

^^^^^This

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I have been married 11 years. One thing I learned is compromise.

The most recent ones went like this:

I have a media server at home and the hard drives puked (over 4k movie titles.. it sucked big time).. I really wanted an AR.. This was around thanksgiving.

wife: "If you get new hard drives for the server, and get it working again, you can buy whatever gun you want"
    me: "seriously?"
    wife: "yup. I'll even help you save/pay for it"

Got the server working well, data recovery done (whew) and all is well .. began window shopping for an AR and the shoting in CT happened. Prices went through the roof and made one unobtainable. So I got a new pistol - M&P 9 full size.

The most recent one:

wife: I want to get a new phone. I really want an iPhone 5
    me: we're not due for upgrade till Nov.
    wife: I made a deal w/ the guy at the Verizon store and got it for $590 (OUCH!!)
    me: Since I didn't get my AR, and u got a new phone, I'm getting an AR even if I have to build it
    wife: DEAL :yesway:

I went yesterday and picked up the stripped lowers that I had purchased/shipped and am now shopping for lower build kits etc. :D

When I went to pick up the lowers and pay the transfer fee, I did put a new pistol on layaway for her as well.. hehe.. see the give and take in my marriage ?? it works :D

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    oh you poor soul. nothing like that here. after the election in nov. I went looking at ARs. too expensive I said, around 900. wife said no, go ahead and get it. so I did. went looking for an M&P in 9 mm. today. found none. did find a nice sig sp2022 though. wasn't going to get it, 549. wife said go ahead and get it. SO I DID. damn, I love that woman. hope things get better for you. good luck.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Me too. I've been married for 26yrs. she's used to it, and knows who I am.

That's why she married me.

This sounds familiar. I don't go all stupid and neither does she. As long as we spend slightly less than we earn--enjoy life, is the way we look at it.

Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    Am I the only one who sneaks a new purchase in the house....then at a later date when it comes out I say "no its not new, been here for 6 months how did you miss it?"

WORKS everytime

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Am I the only one who sneaks a new purchase in the house....then at a later date when it comes out I say "no its not new, been here for 6 months how did you miss it?"

WORKS everytime

We have access to each other's bank accounts...so unless he put it on credit card, I'd know. But there's no reason to do that here. I'm more likely to tell him to buy the gun as not

Top Bottom