What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Looks like every James Bond movie ever made just dropped on Amazon Prime for free (for Prime members).

I just watched Vault. Was pretty good actually, partly because I never heard of the event it was based on before. The Mafia guys had their own secret "bank", a huge vault with safety deposit boxes to hold their money and valuables in... and some other guys knocked it over in 1975. Make sure you watch the movie to the very last scene. If nothing else it's fun to see all the 70's era cars and clothing.

jacobswell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Warsaw
    We started NCIS over from the beginning and am enjoying it. It’s hard finding a kid friendly show that I enjoy. When the kids are down, Bosch on prime. Oh and I’ve also started Nazi Treasure Hunters on Hulu.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Binged Bosch season 6, best book to screen adaption I have seen. Not identical, but the feel of the characters and their world is spot on.

Also watching Chicago PD and Major Crimes.

Just finished Piicard.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Binged Bosch season 6, best book to screen adaption I have seen. Not identical, but the feel of the characters and their world is spot on.

How was Bosch? I thought the other seasons were terrific.

I am waiting until I get Longmire finished. . . for the third time. . .before I start it.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Attention Bubbleheads: Watched Project 949 last night, about the sinking of the Kursk. It is really thin on technical details of what actually happened, but I found it well worth watching for the videos of the Kursk itself. There was a lot of Russian video of the exterior and interior of the Kursk, including the sauna (yes the crew had a sauna onboard) and the leisure room with the aviary. Seriously, they apparently had whole bunch of birds onboard flying around in a glassed-in aviary. Close-ups of the sub after it was raised from the bottom and drained.

Worth it for the vids.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    How was Bosch? I thought the other seasons were terrific.

I am waiting until I get Longmire finished. . . for the third time. . .before I start it.

Bosch was good enough that I only got 2 1/2 hours sleep the second night I was watching. Did 5 episodes a night, two nights in a row. I'm going to re-watch it with my wife at a slower pace.

Longmire, Justified and Bosch are in the streaming hall of fame for me. I'll watch them over and over, sometimes I dig into certain episodes. They have in common that the books they are based on are terrific.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Attention Bubbleheads: Watched Project 949 last night, about the sinking of the Kursk. It is really thin on technical details of what actually happened, but I found it well worth watching for the videos of the Kursk itself. There was a lot of Russian video of the exterior and interior of the Kursk, including the sauna (yes the crew had a sauna onboard) and the leisure room with the aviary. Seriously, they apparently had whole bunch of birds onboard flying around in a glassed-in aviary. Close-ups of the sub after it was raised from the bottom and drained.

Worth it for the vids.

The short version.
    The Russian Navy used a dangerous torpedo fuel, because they were low on money.
    Training was low on that torpedo.
    Torpedo fuel leaked, and it reacted with the metals causing an explosion and fire that set the other torpedoes off, killing everyone forward of the reactor.
    The boat settled and rested on the bottom.
    Hitting the bottom caused more damage.
    People survived aft the the reactor and some chemicals were put out to absorb CO2.
    That chemical unfortunately later on contacted water which caused a reaction.
    The remaining crew either burned up in the fire, or ducked under water and then died when they came up for air, but the fire had consumed the O2.

The Russian government would not have been able to save them.
    Had there been more time, maybe.
    But the government was in denial, so had the crew survived, they would have died waiting for rescue.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom