What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe too much, but Killing Eve is pretty good? I'm not much normally for working to sort through strong British accents or strange foreign mannerisms, but this show is not bad.

81YvHsm-9kL._SL1500_.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't want to start a new thread, but I have a question about Amazon Prime. I just signed up for the free trial, because I wanted quicker shipping on something I bought, but I have no intention of extending my membership. It sounds like they will automatically charge my credit card at the end of 30 days. My question is, how long do I have to wait to cancel it? I figure I'll at least wait until the item is delivered, but want to cancel it ASAP after that.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Question. My mom is 87, and we watch TV together after dinner. One of the genres we seem to have in common is light murder mystery. A bit of humor and nothing too heavy or gory. Nothing as heavy as CSI or Law and Order. We both like Monk, Psych, and now The Mentalist. She likes (and I tolerate) Diagnosis Murder. Any Prime suggestions for shows or movies that are similar?

You would probably like "Vera".

British and just the ticket for your selected genre.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't want to start a new thread, but I have a question about Amazon Prime. I just signed up for the free trial, because I wanted quicker shipping on something I bought, but I have no intention of extending my membership. It sounds like they will automatically charge my credit card at the end of 30 days. My question is, how long do I have to wait to cancel it? I figure I'll at least wait until the item is delivered, but want to cancel it ASAP after that.

I don't want to be accused of being a Bezos Boi, but Prime is the best deal going out there. Free books, movies, shipping. Alexa and all that other folderol is not for me, but the membership more than pays for itself.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't want to be accused of being a Bezos Boi, but Prime is the best deal going out there. Free books, movies, shipping. Alexa and all that other folderol is not for me, but the membership more than pays for itself.

See, it wouldn't for me. I don't do online books, don't do streaming, only order from Amazon maybe 3 or 4 times a year and usually I'm not in a hurry to get anything. And I for sure would never have an Alexa anything in my house. I'd never get my $12.99 a month's worth out of it.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Ah, I just found how to cancel. I'll wait until my order arrives and then cancel.
    So you just paid $12.99 to ship something to you. I hope it saved you money I assume it did. I have been a prime member for a few years. It is great of course I order a ton of stuff from Amazon and stream everything. Oh and I also read ebooks.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So you just paid $12.99 to ship something to you. I hope it saved you money I assume it did. I have been a prime member for a few years. It is great of course I order a ton of stuff from Amazon and stream everything. Oh and I also read ebooks.

No, I didn't pay anything. It was a free 30 day trial. If I choose to continue it will be $12.99 a month. Not worth it to me since I wouldn't take advantage of the benefits.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Ah, I just found how to cancel. I'll wait until my order arrives and then cancel.

Good move. If you are not going to use something, don't pay the fees to be able to. That is part of the reason I cancelled cable 3-4 years ago. I was not getting $100 worth of TV every month.

I am an Amazon Prime member though as we get multiple shipments per week from them. We watch the movies and some shows and I listen to Prime Music sometimes at work and always in my garage.

And I usually choose the "slow" shipping so I get digital dollars so I can rent movies for free.

So in my case it pays for itself in several ways.:)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Good move. If you are not going to use something, don't pay the fees to be able to. That is part of the reason I cancelled cable 3-4 years ago. I was not getting $100 worth of TV every month.

I am an Amazon Prime member though as we get multiple shipments per week from them. We watch the movies and some shows and I listen to Prime Music sometimes at work and always in my garage.

And I usually choose the "slow" shipping so I get digital dollars so I can rent movies for free.

So in my case it pays for itself in several ways.:)

Oh yeah, it seems like a good deal if you take advantage of all the perks. :yesway: Just not for me. "A man's got to know his limitations." :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom