What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Watched Ford v Ferrari yesterday afternoon at the movie theater. Given all the racing scenes I think it benefits from being seen in a movie theater screen(although it was too damn loud), but I’m sure it’ll make its way to Netflix or prime video eventually. If you refuse to go to movie theaters, then make a note to pick it up later on streaming service.

Next, Richard Jewell

Saw Richard Jewell last weekend at an Alamo Drafthouse. Well done! Be nice for this one to have a good box office, but if you can't hack theaters, make a note to catch it when it gets to Netflix or Amazon or whoever. However, I will say again that Ford v. Ferrari benefits from a big movie screen, so go see that one now.

It took me awhile to get into Expanse, but I was intrigued early on by the space Mormon subplot. That didn't go as far as I would have liked, turned out to be just a prop for something else, but overall Expanse is really good because it's much more than a space-visual-effects-blow-em-up-and-kill-the-monster flick. It is a political thriller happening in space. I was pretty amazed to find out it started as an online game.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Saw Richard Jewell last weekend at an Alamo Drafthouse. Well done! Be nice for this one to have a good box office, but if you can't hack theaters, make a note to catch it when it gets to Netflix or Amazon or whoever. However, I will say again that Ford v. Ferrari benefits from a big movie screen, so go see that one now.

It took me awhile to get into Expanse, but I was intrigued early on by the space Mormon subplot. That didn't go as far as I would have liked, turned out to be just a prop for something else, but overall Expanse is really good because it's much more than a space-visual-effects-blow-em-up-and-kill-the-monster flick. It is a political thriller happening in space. I was pretty amazed to find out it started as an online game.
    The factions took a lot of exposition to establish some background. I didn’t think it really started moving in stride until about halfway into season one.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Better than the "new" Battlestar Galactica?

Vigilant my have been drinking when he wrote that. The expanse is really good, but not more enjoyable that Firefly (which I think aren't really comparable).... and it for sure ain't as good as the BSG reboot. That's pretty much the top of the mountain.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Vigilant my have been drinking when he wrote that. The expanse is really good, but not more enjoyable that Firefly (which I think aren't really comparable).... and it for sure ain't as good as the BSG reboot. That's pretty much the top of the mountain.

And don't forget Firefly - Season 2. :rockwoot:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Got to watch Star Trek's "Discovery," in Nashville, TN: Season 1 & 2, on CBS All Access channel (I don't get it).
    Done well, exquisite writing: better than most movies.
    Look forward next year to Season 3, plus the new "Picard" will have a season done by then.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've been trying to find Bubba Hotep for years and finally got to see it...Great movie....Tubi TV is free and has lots of cult classics and 70s women in prison films for Churchmouse...(I like them too...Pam Grier is the queen)....Bubba Hotep is on there and very, very funny....

[video=youtube;pa9331xmvhg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa9331xmvhg[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've been trying to find Bubba Hotep for years and finally got to see it...Great movie....Tubi TV is free and has lots of cult classics and 70s women in prison films for Churchmouse...(I like them too...Pam Grier is the queen)....Bubba Hotep is on there and very, very funny....

[video=youtube;pa9331xmvhg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa9331xmvhg[/video]

How has that movie been completely unknown to me till now!!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The whole series, thus far, is "kinda" awesome.

We added Disney plus and dropped Netflix...My daughter is autistic and Disney and Pixar are her favorites.....We added it on our Hulu for (I think) only $5.99 so our total is $12.99...Even got Nat Geo....Disney Plus is the best deal out there INHO....

I'm just not a Star Wars fan...I tried and saw the first three...It just never took...My little brother on the other hand? Has ALL of the original Star Wars action figures including the stand and the Jawa you had to send off for.....

I made fun of him....I'm not laughing now...That stuff is worth a mint....

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm a fan of Letterkenny and have a geezer crush on Tanis...Just found out today she is half Mohawk and her mother was a famous native activist and model...Tanis sister was bayoneted (accidentally) in a stand off in 1990 between the Mohawk and Canadian Government...The little girl her sister is holding is Tanis.....

images
    2Q==
    Z
    DElKrwRUAAAuLAV.jpg:large

Tanis in blue jacket ca 1990 Tanis on Letterkenny ca 2017

images
    source.gif

Here is Tanis now....

maxresdefault.jpg

latest

l9sSadWw82r0i0y9m9JSMI4rok4JZKWfGkc7T_c8Wng.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We added Disney plus and dropped Netflix...My daughter is autistic and Disney and Pixar are her favorites.....We added it on our Hulu for (I think) only $5.99 so our total is $12.99...Even got Nat Geo....Disney Plus is the best deal out there INHO....

I'm just not a Star Wars fan...I tried and saw the first three...It just never took...My little brother on the other hand? Has ALL of the original Star Wars action figures including the stand and the Jawa you had to send off for.....

I made fun of him....I'm not laughing now...That stuff is worth a mint....

I upgraded my iPhone and got it free for a year. Not a fan of Star Wars 'eh? That might be the rudest thing you ever said to me! :xmad:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom