What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm in a weird documentary kick, so suggestions are welcome. Just started the Vietnam War series on Netflix, by Ken Burns/Lynn Novick.

Watched the first episode tonight. I'll admit, I had complete ignorance of the Vietnam war. I had no idea the French were so involved. It really turned out to be a weird situation of "who's right?" with regards to the French and Ho Chi Mihn... but obviously things evolved from that.

Looking forward to the rest of it.

I've got "The Fog Of War" queued up for tomorrow, the documentary on Robert McNamara

Wait - is 30 for 30 on Netflix or Amazon now?

Nah, but this thread is pretty much a catch-all for digital releases. I think I streamed it on Vimeo or something.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Ive been watching Occupied and Tijuana on Netflix. Both are foreign, subtitled, but good. Tijuana you can change the audio language from Spanish to (dubbed) English and its not too bad. Occupied you have to go with English subtitles. I think tis actually in several languages, primarily Norwegian, but there are portions of the dialog in English.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Have been binge watching Ripper Street on Netflix. Series about three police officers in London in the 1890's. I have found it very good, really cool sets too.

Update- Just finished Ripper St, thought it was really, really good. I hate when I binge watch these really good series, then they are over so quickly.

Last edited:

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone tackle the Netflix show "Knock Down the House"? I know I could not make it through a single minute without wanting to reach into the TV to grab somebodys throat.

In case you are not aware of the show it follows the campains of AOC, Omar and two other women whos name are not worth remembering.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm in a weird documentary kick, so suggestions are welcome.
    Trying to think of what we've recently seen...

Nuts!
    Animated and truly irreverent topic, but very interesting.
    Tower Rotoscope animation of Univ of Texas massacre.
    The 24 Hour War Ford vs. Ferrari. (From Adam Carolla)
    Sound City Dave Grohl buys the mixing console used on some of the most iconic rock albums
    Finders Hillbillies battle over an amputated leg
    Man on Wire A man, a wire, and a walk between the Twin Towers.
    Senna The legendary F1 driver
    Grizzly Man Hey, it's Werner Herzog, so you know it's going to be good

Lower budget "raw" documentaries, where the documentarian is the star:
    Tickled
    The gonzo doc on the competitive tickling sport
    Icarus Russian doping in sports.

I can't recommend To Be Takei. It's just too gay. "OK, we get it, you're gay; move on!"
    Fyre was entertaining, but forgettable. Same with Hitchcock/Truffaut. Room 237was way too wrapped up in detail and speculation.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm in a weird documentary kick, so suggestions are welcome. Just started the Vietnam War series on Netflix, by Ken Burns/Lynn Novick.

Watched the first episode tonight. I'll admit, I had complete ignorance of the Vietnam war. I had no idea the French were so involved. It really turned out to be a weird situation of "who's right?" with regards to the French and Ho Chi Mihn... but obviously things evolved from that.

Looking forward to the rest of it.

I've got "The Fog Of War" queued up for tomorrow, the documentary on Robert McNamara

Nah, but this thread is pretty much a catch-all for digital releases. I think I streamed it on Vimeo or something.

If you're watching war documentaries, there are a bunch.
    Pearl Harbor. A series, not the movie.
    WWII Bomber Boys with Ewan McGregor

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Nuts! Animated and truly irreverent topic, but very interesting.
    This documentary is so crazy, but so American...
    [video=youtube;UFAt6lYV6jg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFAt6lYV6jg[/video]

Not sure if it's on Netflix, but I believe it's on Amazon... Indi - it needs to be on your short list.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I don't know if it is new or if I just now noticed it but I found a LOT of Ian McCollum "gun jesus" video's on Amazon.
    This is the forgotten weapons guy. They are put together like 2 hour movies vs short Youtube videos and combined in an organized way. Example: "guns of XYZ country", an entire 2+ hour episode of M1 Garand videos...

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    HBO's Watchmen teaser just released. I liked the movie which was out a few years ago. I mean, Malin Akerman. . . wow.

This new teaser doesnt really do much for me other than seeing Don Johnson is in it, always been a fan. If Crockett is in it, I will give it a chance.

[video=youtube;zymgtV99Rko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zymgtV99Rko[/video]

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    HBO's Watchmen teaser just released. I liked the movie which was out a few years ago. I mean, Malin Akerman. . . wow.

This new teaser doesnt really do much for me other than seeing Don Johnson is in it, always been a fan. If Crockett is in it, I will give it a chance.

[video=youtube;zymgtV99Rko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zymgtV99Rko[/video]

A few years ago? Sure if 10 is a few! :)

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Just watched "John Carter" on Netflix. From an Edgar Rice Burroughs series of books about a guy that gets transported to Mars. Disney did a good job on the production. The races of people, the animals, and scenery seem pretty good, but they just couldn't resist changing the story. Still, if you don't mind, or never read the book... it's decent.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just watched "John Carter" on Netflix. From an Edgar Rice Burroughs series of books about a guy that gets transported to Mars. Disney did a good job on the production. The races of people, the animals, and scenery seem pretty good, but they just couldn't resist changing the story. Still, if you don't mind, or never read the book... it's decent.
    Wasn’t it a total loser in the box office?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I fired Netflix when they hired Obama....and I have not missed it.

I watch Sneaky Pete on Prime and it's not that great.

Billions on Showtime, and The Chi on Showtime is better.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Watching Chernobyl on HBO, pretty neat so far.

Stellan Skarsgård plays a Russian? Ok...

You might try and find The Russian Woodpecker. It's a low budget documentary (by Ukrainians, in Russian) about the antenna facility just North of Chernobyl, and presents a conspiracy theory about their connection. The amazing views of that massive structure is worth price of admission.

Oneto1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2019
    North central
    I just finished black mirror on Netflix. I liked that there are only around 18 episodes at an hour a piece. Easy series to knock out in 2 weeks! Twilight zone esque, and deals with alternate reality. Worth the watch!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom