What are the deer season dates for this fall?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    Is Indiana going to change to the new deer season proposals this fall or going to stick with the usual dates? I need to put in my vacation and want to make sure that I get the right dates.
    I checked the in.gov/dnr web site and couldn't find the 2011 seasons listed yet. Thanks

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Opening days

Archery always Oct. 1
    Gun season always first Sat. AFTER Nov. 11 runs 2 weeks and then down for 5 days and then muzzleloader starts on the next Sat.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    Opening days

Archery always Oct. 1
    Gun season always first Sat. AFTER Nov. 11 runs 2 weeks and then down for 5 days and then muzzleloader starts on the next Sat.

I always heard that it was the Saturday after the second Tuesday in November but I guess that may not matter any more after the proposed changes. I hope they keep it close to the same because not everyone can get vacation at the same time at some places if they only make gun season one week long.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I called the DNR in Indianapolis about two weeks ago asking about the new hunting dates. I was told they will be changing this fall, and they do not have the dates ready yet. The "projected" dates on the DNR web are no where close to reality as they are based on Nov 2000 rules....which have been changed drastically.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I called the DNR in Indianapolis about two weeks ago asking about the new hunting dates. I was told they will be changing this fall, and they do not have the dates ready yet. The "projected" dates on the DNR web are no where close to reality as they are based on Nov 2000 rules....which have been changed drastically.

That is interesting. I know that the proposed rules (if adopted) will not be ready in time for this fall so the DNR is bound by what was passed before.

Now, the DNR dirctor can issue an "emergency order" making the adopted proposal valid for this year and that woudl chnage a lot, but I don't see him doing that.

Mind if I asked who you talked to up there? I've dealt with the DNR on people who were Indiana residents with lifetime licenses being able to put in for park hunts. Two different DNR folks gave me two different answers.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    You guys haven't helped me a bit with planning my vacation for deer season:dunno:

I guess I'll wait until July 1st and see what's left then:(

deer hunter1110

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Mitchell
    rule change for deer season

I e-mailed the dnr about this in april and this is their answer

Ken -
    Thanks for your webmail inquiry. The Natural Resources Commission is still accepting comments on this proposal, and there will be public hearings conducted later this year. However, any changes that are approved by the Commission will not be in effect for this year's deer season.

Keep checking our website for updates - here is the direct link: http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/2362.htm ...or sign up for WILD Bulletin to receive the latest fish and wildlife news - http://www.in.gov/dnr/2350.htm.

Please feel free to contact me if you have questions, comments or concerns in the future.
    Patti
    DFW

Top Bottom