what are the best "bang for the buck" upgrades for 10/22?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captianbullseye

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 31, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I would also recommend new trigger innards. I have also installed a Volquartsen hammer and sear kit in my 10/22 and it lowered the pull down to about 2.5 pounds. You should also get a rubber bolt buffer, it makes the very little bit of kick a .22 has go away. They only cost like $10 for two., a very good upgrade.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I did a Volquartsen trigger upgrade, don't even remember what all was involved, all drop in parts. One of the soft bolt buffers. Auto bolt release mod and tech sights. At one point I thought I needed a barrel, then one day last year I did some ammo testing. 25 yrds laying in the back of my pickup.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Rimfirecentral.com has thousands of pages of upgrades guys have done from cheap to VERY expensive. It's a very fun sight to visit and learn from.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    I would recommend...

Brimstone trigger job: Tier 3 = $38.50

Connecticut Precision Chambering bolt rework = $44

I have a Tier 3 trigger in my Ruger Charger (pistol version of 10/22) and a Tier 2 in my Ruger 10/22 rifle. Both are amazing! I can tell little to no difference between them as far as trigger pull. The Tier 2 just adds a full width trigger and an over travel adjustment. I would say that the Tier 3 gives the most bang for the buck by far.

Having the bolt reworked by CPC cleared up every issue that I was having with consistent feeding, firing and ejecting. It is well worth the money just for the jeweling alone, yet it makes the gun function so much better that I am sorry I had not had it done sooner.

The prices on all of these services has recently increased. If you are thinking of slicking up your 10/22 or Charger I would advise you to have these services performed as soon as possible!

packard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    On extended bolt releases, I also have had magazines drop out of the rifle. Mine occurred while at sling arms and walking across a field--twice.

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    Well at least I am not the only one that has seen a bad experience with the extended mag release in the field that is why I opted against it in my build....my daughter uses the 10/22 for tree rats and I would hate the have the trip ended early because of an "upgrade"!

Top Bottom