• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So yesterday was a bit more exciting than I had hoped for. I live on the westside, very near to the airport, and was not home at the time of the tornados. Instead I was headed through Plainfield on my way to Avon from Mooresville. Someone snapped a picture of the tornado, and I'll be damned if I'm not the second car in the photo. :n00b: I never realized I was that close, but that explains why people wouldn't go so that I could turn. :):

24dhspf.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Saw that on FB, didn't realize it was your car. You may wish to leave more room between yourself and the van in case you're struck from behind next time :):

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Easy way to know if you are leaving proper distance: you should be able to see pavement in front of your car when stopped behind a vehicle.

And that concludes today's driver education lesson.

Glad you didn't get swept up and dropped on the yellow brick road.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Thanks for the driving lessons, everyone. I typically leave distance, but I was ready to get to Gander Mountain before the storm hit us. We pulled in the parking lot as the rain started falling.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thanks for the driving lessons, everyone. I typically leave distance, but I was ready to get to Gander Mountain before the storm hit us. We pulled in the parking lot as the rain started falling.

Ah, just having some fun with you. I would have been getting a little antsy if I saw that in my rearview mirror!

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Im not sure what kind of car you drive but next to everyone else in line it looks tiny, you most likely would not have been dropped back to earth till next week :laugh:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    you should be able to see pavement in front of your car when stopped behind a vehicle.

My wife and 2 teenaged kids are soooooooooo sick of hearing me say that.:rolleyes:

If they simply did it, they'd never hear it from me again.:xmad:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Easy way to know if you are leaving proper distance: you should be able to see pavement in front of your car when stopped behind a vehicle.

And that concludes today's driver education lesson.

Glad you didn't get swept up and dropped on the yellow brick road.
    To avoid being pushed into the front vehicle, perhaps. To provide an escape route, it would depend on the vehicle. I have a very wide turning radius. But then I'm also big enough to make my own escape route if it's that bad. :):

Top Bottom