• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The later production West Hurley guns are the most common and least desirable. That said, they make great shooters and the price is as low now as it has ever been. The interesting thing with Thompsons is that they run the gambit in price. '28A1 Colt Thompsons fetch upwards of $40k where the '70s vintage WH Tommys bring $10k-$15k. I'm no Tommy expert but I have been paying attention to them the last few years.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If you get that:
    A.) Have Curraheeguns do the transfer for you, he is the stuff!
    B.) Keep in mind I trade free dental work for the joy of shooting full auto's.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    It's a good price on the Thompson. I have seen 2 or 3 few WHs in that price range over the last 2-3 years but those were not advertised as CRs.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    So being a C&R, it could be transfered across state lines w/o involving an FFL/SOT, thereby avoiding one (of the two, otherwise) $200 transfer, is that what I'm gathering?

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.3%
    33   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    C&R transfer into an NFA trust

Since this is a C&R gun and it can be transfered to individuals tax free what happens if you want to put it in your NFA Trust that you have formed? Is this even possible? It should be.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Since this is a C&R gun and it can be transfered to individuals tax free what happens if you want to put it in your NFA Trust that you have formed? Is this even possible? It should be.

It is not tax free. The c&r just saves you one of TWO taxes when going across state lines.

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    West Hurley thompsons were just granted c&r status back in June. The effort to get them on the list has been on going for a couple of years. As to the price this is a good deal, but some are even movin lower. One sold on subguns last week for $8500 that appeared to be in great shape with original finish. Thompsons have come down in price in the last 2years just like alot of other MG's.

Top Bottom