• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Seems to me that there are more important things to look into. Maybe we need to counteract the current 2A war with something that effects everybody equally.

I barely ever text and if I do it is usually just a yes or no in reply. I do not text or talk on a phone while driving. My time is not important enough that I cannot spare it to pull over to talk. Oh yeah, my round trip commute is just under 3 hours a day if weather conditions are ideal.

So, why is this issue not addressed? This has a direct effect on my safety and that of my fellow motorists. More people have died because of cellphones compared to "assault wep-guns" Since there can be a much worse outcome from texting while driving compared to just having an 8 round magazine, why is texting while driving not a felony, while having an 8 round magazine in NY is?

Texting and Driving Deadly for Teens | momlogic.com
    Talking to death: texts, phones kill 16,000: study | Reuters
    CDC - Distracted Driving - Motor Vehicle Safety - Injury Center

BrianJacobsen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Carthage
    Because it's a question of who's ox is being gored. The great and the good require cell phones and the ability to text dangerously while driving to keep tabs on dangerous gun nuts like you!

While obviously 8 round magazines are uniquely deadly and must be banned due to their sheer ability to terrify feckless bed wetters.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    We grew up in a different generation, that is no excuse, the problem has many facets, parents dont teach their kid anything, parents dont make kids pay for their cars, cell phones, insurance, etc. kids do whatever the hell they want. there is no liability until something actually happens, then the kid are told its not their fault, then they go to b.s. counseling, their school tells them its ok, while the parents have no idea what to do, and it all gets worse. no discipline, no responsibility, no real life application = failure. i'm 29 years old and i know this, imagine what this next generation is going to be like. holy crap

KevinJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    If one must involve the Leviathan, do so at a minimum. No law against driving while texting or yappin, BUT, if involved in an accident and it can be shown you were texting/yappin, fines $/or jail time doubles.

KevinJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    maybe instead of proposing new felonies, we should focus on shrinking the police state.

Good. Perhaps for every law passed 3 regulations or other laws tossed out. Each session of the legislature must toss out a few rules, regs, or laws in exchange for pay/retirement benefits.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We grew up in a different generation, that is no excuse, the problem has many facets, parents dont teach their kid anything, parents dont make kids pay for their cars, cell phones, insurance, etc. kids do whatever the hell they want. there is no liability until something actually happens, then the kid are told its not their fault, then they go to b.s. counseling, their school tells them its ok, while the parents have no idea what to do, and it all gets worse. no discipline, no responsibility, no real life application = failure. i'm 29 years old and i know this, imagine what this next generation is going to be like. holy crap
    I think you hit the nail on the head. Kids are told that its not their fault and that daddy and mommy will take care of everything so there is moral hazard.

Plus, these kids are so confident that nothing will happen to them. That they wont get hurt or they wont get caught. Of course the reality is that it can happen to anyone. I cant believe how many people I see texting while driving. One of the perks of owning a SUV is you can see everyone texting since you sit higher than them. Its not just dangerous, its stupid.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    If one must involve the Leviathan, do so at a minimum. No law against driving while texting or yappin, BUT, if involved in an accident and it can be shown you were texting/yappin, fines $/or jail time doubles.

I never understood why they made laws against texting while driving. It is already illegal to drive inattentively, negligently, recklessly, etc. Those laws do not cover the basic effect of texting and driving? Typical politicians, we have a law that no one follows, so lets make a new law that basically covers the same thing. We will just word it a little differently.

Also, my suggestion to make it a felony is just me blowing hot air. My way of saying hey look at how many people are killed by the evil plastic text machine. More then are killed by evil black guns.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    maybe instead of proposing new felonies, we should focus on shrinking the police state.
    Nah. Where's the fun in that? We just hafta control what other people do because we think we know better than them.

Good. Perhaps for every law passed 3 regulations or other laws tossed out. Each session of the legislature must toss out a few rules, regs, or laws in exchange for pay/retirement benefits.

Until you consider that the one law will re-write the 3 to be even worse.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Simple facts!
    We're all too PC with each other.
    It's easier to get food stamps and unemployment than a job. BTW, a job that ultimately pays someone else more than we make.... for our labor!
    I can't even discipline my children in public for fear of CPS being called on me.
    Police get paid vacations for much of the wrongdoing, and then get transferred if found guilty of something.
    Congress and the sort can vote themselves money.
    I can commit a crime against myself!
    Should I go on?
    Life is surely twisted beyond belief.
    There is no common sense because it's not a headline anymore.
    We've lost touch with each other and wish to live virtual lives away from reality.... HENCE MY POST TO YOU ALL! Cause I couldn't think about this stuff on the spot, I'd be too anxious in doing so.
    The days of old are gone, but the spirit of life will continue and eventually be reset. Again... and Again.
    I almost fell off of my soapbox.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    "What about the children?" is the rallying cry to get restrictive laws passed for the past several years. It has worked so well with smoking they are using it on guns.

Top Bottom