• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Traffic!!

_______________________________ YOU'RE LATE!!
    arnold_schwarzenegger1.jpg

TRAFFIC!!____________________________________

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Keep updated on current events, and NOT from the mainstream media. You might have to put the puzzle pieces together yourself, but it could give you some heads up ahead of the general public. This doesn't mean believe everything you see from the guys with tinfoil on too tight.

United

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    depending on the scenario, just try and plan ahead...hard to do these days, sure. But you never know, a scenario might be clearly presented to us a few days ahead of time.

Otherwise, get a good map and learn some backroads to where you need to go. Make that trip a few times a year, learn side routes from it as well if you can. But most importanly have a plan..actually several. I have 3 options. 1 is border property in Minnesota (long haul, but perfect location/isolation), 2nd is rural Bloomington (shorter haul, but still a good drive!) 3rd is hunker down at home. It all depends on what the situation is really.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Best idea is not to bug out during the initial SHTF. Leave prior, or well, try to leave before...During the event it is not a good idea. Kinda like driving in a snow storm, a lot of bad things can happen and if you'd have left the day before, you wouldn't have slid off the road...two days latter the roads are clear. It's all about timing.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    I would agree. Timing is eveything. If you can hunker down for 48 hours and see what direction the hordes are going, you'll have a much better idea of which direction YOU want to go. It will also give you some time to make sure you've got eveything together that you want to take. And if you're prepared with gas and vehicles, you might be able to slip away under the cover of darkness and put a couple of hundred miles between you and them.

PhilMcCrackin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2009
    My main concern would be getting home, I live out in BFE but I work in Communist Occupied Illinois, so of course I go defenseless to work. Since most times I am in an industrial area I figure my best bet is sit tight for a day or two then try like heck to drive as far as possible. I have a full BOB and if I have to I can walk it. I just feel naked without some form of weapon though.

If I disassembled my pistol and had it in a lock box behind the seat of my truck would I be good to go?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If anyone plans on leaving, AVOID THE INTERSTATES AND MAJOR HIWAYS! You won't make it far. Stick to the backroads. You may get lost, but it's better than being stuck in traffic.

My main concern is my family being seperated at the moment of conflict. If she has the van and I have the car and she has to leave the van behind, we could be in trouble. I really need to get rid of my car for an SUV or truck.

The good thing about where I live is I have access to numerous routes out of town. I know all the backroads in the surrounding counties and if you know your N/S/E/W it's hard to get lost in an area you don't know.

The hardest part will be crossing rivers. You'd be hard pressed to find a bridge that's on a backroad to cross the Walbash or Mississippii Rivers.

:twocents:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My main concern would be getting home, I live out in BFE but I work in Communist Occupied Illinois, so of course I go defenseless to work. Since most times I am in an industrial area I figure my best bet is sit tight for a day or two then try like heck to drive as far as possible. I have a full BOB and if I have to I can walk it. I just feel naked without some form of weapon though.

If I disassembled my pistol and had it in a lock box behind the seat of my truck would I be good to go?

Hidden compartments.

Just sayin...

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    this is why I like living in the country. The situation would have to be pretty bad close to home for us to bug out. Otherwise if at all possible I'd be staying put. Now if I'm not home when it happens I'm keeping my BOB in my vehicle with me now just in case, Along with plenty of extra mags and ammo for my 45. Once I find something cheap enough for a trunk gun I'll get one (may of found one just need the money).

I agree though, stick to back roads, you'll have much better luck getting around than trying highways. If we really needed to bug out, I'd prob load the family, and all the food, gear, and weapons/ammo we can into the back of our F250 diesel and haul out of here. If we need more than that we've got a grain truck we could use as well.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom