• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wallotcorydon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corydon
    Today, my 13 yo son got the present he asked for, a new smoke pole...CVE Buckhorn, his first muzzleloader. After we finished up at home we went to wifes family's. If. there isn't at least one new firearm introduced to the family, then it is NOT Christmas! This year was exceptional. My son's new CVA, a cousin (15) got a new to him, actually passed down from his grandfather, .22lr rifle. Another cousin (18), a new circuit Judge, and a cousin's fiance, a new Colt LE9620 AR in 5.56!!!! It sounded like a middle eastern celebration for a while at their place! Nothing better than watching and helping the young ones with their new guns, and getting to shoot them. The best part of the day, helping my 9 yo son shoot his first gun......an AR!!! He was in heaven. I got to see my 15 yo step-son, my 13 yo son, and my 9 yo shoot today. I have to say, of everyone there, the 13 yo is by far the best shot. First shot with the Circuit Judge loaded with 45 long colts, hit a solo cup at 40 yards, with iron sights. Then hit the same cup with the AR at 75, again, Iron sights. WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I had a "bang-up" time today myself.

BTW- Anyone in your family looking to adopt an old coot? LOL

Great to teach new shooters. I volunteer at a local range to teach the NSSF "First-Shots" program. It is a hoot!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I didn't get any new guns for Christmas,or even any used ones, but I've been on a roll this year anyway. Don't want to push my luck wishing for more on Christmas.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    First shot with the Circuit Judge loaded with 45 long colts, hit a solo cup at 40 yards, with iron sights. Then hit the same cup with the AR at 75, again, Iron sights. WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!

By any chance, was it a red solo cup? ...Toby's gonna have to write another verse to that song! :D

Sounds like a fantastic day! :yesway:

Top Bottom