• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I had one of these. Sold it to buy something else, but I miss it. An absolute tack driver, with the best stock trigger available on a striker fired gun, IMO.

Lightweight.
    12+1 capacity.
    Excellent ergonomics.
    Excellent trigger.

ppq45.jpg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    A lot depends on what you want it for, but I, for one, vote for a 1911 if it's feasible for you!
    A good 1911...still the smoothest shooting and most accurate .45 acp pistol out there!
    I love my Ruger Commander SR1911 (yes, my wife had it bob-tailed for my birthday 2 years ago) and love how it shoots!
    Note: My EDC is a Glock 36, which is a single-stack, Officer's sized .45 acp, and is also very accurate!

[FONT=&quot]
    ccfAYcZ.jpg
    [/FONT]

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I'd say it depends on the intended use for the gun.

If it's going to be primarily for range use, I say 1911 all day long, and twice on Sunday. It's hard to beat a 1911 trigger, the slim grip tends to fit most shooters, and you're holding a piece of pure American history in your hands every time you pick one up. If you don't own one yet, you need one.

The 1911 can make a decent carry gun as well. For a full-size gun, they are pretty slim and relatively easy to conceal. Personally, though, I don't like a manual safety on a carry gun, and I like a firing pin block just in case the gun gets dropped. I know you can get a series 80 with one, but I prefer the original design.

My carry gun is a Sig P245. It's basically a compact P220. 6+1 rounds of 45 ACP, but it'll accept full-size 8 round P220 mags as well, they just stick out the bottom. It is a somewhat large, heavy gun for the capacity, but the thin grip fits my hand better than most double-stack .45s, and it's as shootable and reliable as a P220. They are no longer made, and neither is it's successor, the P220 compact...but if you watch they can still be had on the used market.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I had one of these. Sold it to buy something else, but I miss it. An absolute tack driver, with the best stock trigger available on a striker fired gun, IMO.

Lightweight.
    12+1 capacity.
    Excellent ergonomics.
    Excellent trigger.

ppq45.jpg

^^THIS^^ And its at a good home. LOL

For a 12 round 45 the Walther sure doesn't feel any bigger than a 9mm. The HK as menioned is good and I use to carry a Sig 220 and loved that and is probably my favorite 45

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    While I've become a huge 1911 fan and 2nd the idea of checking out the Ruger SR1911, I also agree with some previous posters about the XDm line. I'm not necessarily a Springfield fan, their striker triggers are too spongy, but darned if the XDm in 45 isn't a pleasant experience. I don't really understand how Springfield figured out the physics of 45 with their XDm offerings, but the recoil is just... pleasant! The newer XDm Elite lineup might worth a look IMHO.

Last edited:

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Have you considered a caliber conversion kit for the P320? Not sure about 45 but they make 40 and 357 if you are wanting for self-defense. I was hoping for a 10mm kit but not made.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom