What 1911 is best under $1,000? Para, Springfield , Kimber, Colt, etc?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    While it doesn't have the beaver tail, I am smitten with my milspec springer 1911. It is like the Toyota of 1911s. Works right out of the box like nobody's business, tight, never fails to feed. On top of that it has classic sexy looks which is not something I think befits Toyotas, not looking to start any fights. As for the beav, it would be simple to add with one of your choice from brownells after you get a good feel for the gun and would allow you the opportunity to get to know a gunsmith in your area while doing a pretty simple task.

AccuRat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Just north of nowhere...
    I'm surprised no one's mentioned Dan Wessons. Maybe they're over a grand these days, I don't know, but I bought my NIB CBOB for $850 less than a year ago. UNREAL fit and finish, crazy tight slide to frame interface, lots of Ed Brown parts standard, accurate as hell (!) and simply priced right. I know the CBOB has been discontinued and replaced by the $1400 VBOB, so a used CBOB is probably the best you'll find unless you get lucky. I handled a buddy's semi-custom, $1500 Fusion and was not left wanting to trade in my CBOB.

I have an early STI Trojan as well. It's currently set up for .45 Super, but it's a wonderful all milled steel platform. I thought about selling it when I bought my CBOB, but I just couldn't part with my first 1911. Too accurate, too reliable, too personalized by me to let it go and the support from STI when I needed it was very, very good.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    $630 from Brazzos, pure awesome

Spartan_Main.jpg

shawnfox12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    greenfield in,
    well ive shot a few 1911 and for the money and fit function and daily carrie i would say the springfield 1911-A1 its a grest gun and looks good as well .....every kimber ive priced out is over a grand and the A1 is up there in price but ive alway loved springfield so its all what feels right to you ive have a few friends that all run 1911 in all diffrent makers so pm me and ill round you up a few and let go the range

hzwj67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    hendricks county
    I HAVE AND CARRY A KIMBER ULTRA CDP. IT'S A BIT OVER A GRAND, BUT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. LIGHT, EASY TO CARRY, ACCURATE AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH RECOIL. I ALSO OWN AND CARRY A BERETTA ,40 SW COUGAR.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Springfield Loaded Champion by far!!! Bull barrel, match trigger, ambi safety, night sights, etc. Fantastic gun. Most accurate gun that I have ever shot and that includes Sigs, HKs, CZs, XDs, Glocks, Berettas, Taurus, S&Ws, Rugers & Kimbers.

picture.php

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    This question of which is the best under 1K is kind of pointless. Modern 1911's made by any of the major brands all produce fine guns. They also produce lemons as well. Many people have left suggestions on what to look at. Bottom line, since the features that you might want in a 1911 will not be the same as everyone else's, then there is no "Best" 1911 for any pricepoint that will be the same as everyone else.

Shop around, do your homework, find people who live close and have what you are interested in. You can always just take a chance and just grab something up and modify it and shoot it until it becomes the perfect gun for under 1K for you.

Bottom line. I really wish people would quick asking for what the best is under 1k or any price point. All it does is make for some mostly pointless chatter that will get you nowhere at all. Chances are you already have something in mind and are just looking for a few people to mention your brand and model before you go out and buy it.

Asking what is the best gun for under 1k, is like me asking what is the best burger for under 2 bucks.

Sorry for venting. Again I don't mean to insult anyone, I'm just really getting tired of these posts. You see them all the time.

AccuRat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Just north of nowhere...
    Come on Airborne, Infebious has all of 37 posts to his credit. He wants to join the 1911 crowd and is just looking for some input. What you posted is nearly 100% correct....each 1911 is an extension of its owners tastes and preferences, but new shooters and afficianados are joining our ranks every day and I think we, as more seasoned handgunners (yeah, I only have 40 posts HERE, thousands elsewhere) owe it to our sport to help educate newer shooters, regardless of how many times the question is asked. Yeah, I get the "use the search button" comment and agree. But we all have to learn sometime, somewhere and this forum seems to have a strong following of educated and helpful folks. Heck, if nothing else, pass on your insight and experiences and pad your post count.

I'm just sayin'....

kennys_67

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Owen County, Indiana
    Well I have had my Colt for 22 years and would never get rid of it, love the kimbers, SA. I am going to buy another SA and load it the way I want. I guess that is something to consider, is if you want to do the"loaded" yourself. Kimber has it already done for ya and most SA's, if you add things to it, will come out to the same price in the end

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Dude, really? If you are so tired of these posts then you should be good at spotting the tag lines. Do us all a favor and don't bother clicking if you are tired of these types of posts. Each time a question is asked, even if over and over, different answers crop up and we are all here to learn and share info, experience and of course have fun!:rockwoot: thats my :twocents:

This question of which is the best under 1K is kind of pointless. Modern 1911's made by any of the major brands all produce fine guns. They also produce lemons as well. Many people have left suggestions on what to look at. Bottom line, since the features that you might want in a 1911 will not be the same as everyone else's, then there is no "Best" 1911 for any pricepoint that will be the same as everyone else.

Shop around, do your homework, find people who live close and have what you are interested in. You can always just take a chance and just grab something up and modify it and shoot it until it becomes the perfect gun for under 1K for you.

Bottom line. I really wish people would quick asking for what the best is under 1k or any price point. All it does is make for some mostly pointless chatter that will get you nowhere at all. Chances are you already have something in mind and are just looking for a few people to mention your brand and model before you go out and buy it.

Asking what is the best gun for under 1k, is like me asking what is the best burger for under 2 bucks.

Sorry for venting. Again I don't mean to insult anyone, I'm just really getting tired of these posts. You see them all the time.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good

:lol2:I guess I apologize for wasting your valuable time. Last time I checked you don't have to respond if you don't want to.:lol2:

Top Bottom