What’s the strangest/dumbest thing you’ve ever seen at a gun store?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I won't mention the store, but I was looking at the pistol counter. A young man and his young wife were standing next to me being helped by the guy behind the counter. The salesman was showing them a Beretta 92. Maybe it was a Taurus 92? He was explaining to the woman that if someone got the Beretta away from her and put it to her head to pull the trigger, the gun wouldn't fire. He was showing her this principle by pressing the muzzle of the pistol to his hand which slightly moves the slide & barrel rearward, disengaging the trigger. I thought that was the stupidest thought, the dumbest sales line I've ever heard or seen. No one presses the gun to a head and if they do, they don't hold to to the head with several pounds of pressure against the head and the victim wouldn't use her head to press back towards the pistol. Just tell them it's a nice gun that's pretty and easy to shoot. Don't go all Hollywood nonsense on them.

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Watched a guy shoot a glass display case on accident, of course, destroyed it, but no firearms, then watched a shop employee, beat his ass right out of store.

That's why they tell us no loaded guns in the store. Not to prevent us from defending ourselves, but because as safe and responsible as most all of us are, some idiot is going to pull out a loaded gun to show someone and blast something on accident.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    During my last trip to the range I was browsing the gun shop afterward and got muzzle swept by a woman who was looking at the revolver he husband thought she should get. Not a good feeling as I just happened to turn my head and got a good look down the barrel.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Im origanaly from IL. And my local range is Glenwood gun and pistol range. Some older folks might knoW of it and what happen about 10 years ago or so. The original owner was robbed and murdered there by a bunch of hoodlums. The new owner who is a GREAT guy does not mess around with people he does not know. (and with good reason obviously) Any way one day i was there just BSing with him and a group of about 5 kids come in. They begin to spread out a little and one of them ask the owner about renting guns to shoot at the range. The owner can come across crude and rough if you dont know him he also cant HEAR (shooting reasons). The kid got a little snappy with the answer he did not want to hear. And the owner gave them all the boot. Seemed pretty dumb to get snappy with a gun shop owner.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    While I was in MC Sports in Goshen there was a guy there with a boy that looked about 16. As I walked up to the counter the store employee was getting an 870 down from the rack. He handed it to the kid and the kid started to look at it while I was standing at the counter. Then the kid holds the gun parallel to his body to look at the side of it, and in the process of doing that he pointed the muzzle right at my head. As soon as I saw it I moved back from the counter very quickly and shot him a dirty look. I don't think he saw me give "the look", and he didn't sweep me again. But if he had I would have said something right away. It was rather unnerving to have a 12 gauge pointed at my head.

Top Bottom