• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    How do you figure? It's our government that's stripping our liberties, not some Afghani villagers. What rights have we lost in the last 200 years and have since been returned?

First off, look at the difference between how we live and how Islamic-dominated countries live and tell me if there is a difference.

Secondly, as long as we are under this Constitution and this form of government, we have the opportunity to reverse the trends of thought that have cost us many of our freedoms, through education and other means. Under Sharia we would never have the chance to peacefully regain our freedoms.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    First off, look at the difference between how we live and how Islamic-dominated countries live and tell me if there is a difference.

Secondly, as long as we are under this Constitution and this form of government, we have the opportunity to reverse the trends of thought that have cost us many of our freedoms, through education and other means. Under Sharia we would never have the chance to peacefully regain our freedoms.

Are you suggesting that the mere fact that we feel safe to openly mock and criticize our leadership here on an open internet forum, without any real fear of retribution might indicate there is a difference in our system of government and that in Sharia controlled countries? Hmmm. I may have to think about that one :patriot:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    There's the old saying that some times you have to spend money to make money. We're spending liberty and not getting any in return.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Are you suggesting that the mere fact that we feel safe to openly mock and criticize our leadership here on an open internet forum, without any real fear of retribution might indicate there is a difference in our system of government and that in Sharia controlled countries? Hmmm. I may have to think about that one :patriot:

Words to Avoid Using Online, Big Brother is Watching

Feds datamining everyone using "Secret" Patriot Act

$1.5 Billion NSA Spy Center being built in Utah

How to spot terrorists according to the FBI

440,000 on Terrorism Watch List; a single tip puts you there

McCain's Terror Bill: American terror suspects will be sent to military prisons

Obama's kill list, updated every Tuesday

Holder: Not 'assassination' to target Americans in terror hunt

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I hear everyday of more souls lost to this and wish them home as well. We will never get the region to change no matter how hard we try or how many die.

Reagan was wise to this and pulled out after the barracks bombing in Beirut.

I don't think that choice would have been well-received by today's Republican party.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    How do you figure? It's our government that's stripping our liberties, not some Afghani villagers. What rights have we lost in the last 200 years and have since been returned?

History shows time and time again, we will never win a war "managed" by politicians.

There's a chance of keeping what we have and getting the rest back, but not if these folks have their way.[/QUOTE]

Our government moves only one way, like a ratchet. Its continually tightening down on liberty. Every click of that ratchet represents freedom lost forever. Every law, every policy, every move they make seems to be suffocating our freedoms and inching us closer to their demise altogether.

“But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.”
    John Adams

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    282649_495434497140410_305872464_n.jpg

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    The enemies of the USA are happy. Their relatively small efforts to disrupt the US have succeeded I would guess beyond their wildest dreams... They have Succeeded in Disrupting EVERY American's Freedom. >gov is killing the Constitution in the name of Safety. We are losing everything that makes us Americans ergo they win. So get off your butts and Vote. Until they take that one too, for the Children. So to reign it in. I find Drones over the US highly disturbing. I consider myself a law abiding citizen. My lack of record attests to that. I still do not wand drones overhead even though I have nothing to hide. And for the record I do not like the unseen intrusions either.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Reagan was wise to this and pulled out after the barracks bombing in Beirut.

I don't think that choice would have been well-received by today's Republican party.

It wasn't well received back when it happened, the same as when Clinton pulled out of Somalia after Mogadishu. Many Americans - not all - don't like to see us running away after getting our asses kicked.

That said, there's a time to pursue political objectives through force and a time to re-evaluate the efficacy of such use of force. If what you're doing isn't working, either figure out something better to accomplish your objectives or modify your objectives.

Top Bottom