Wha? NEW Remington R51 in 9mm +P chambering?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Icejon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    I'm actually interested in the .40 version. It's less than an inch wide, dehorned in the right places, and single action. A .40 probably will only hold 6 shots, but for $400 that is a steal.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I can't wait to shoot one. I just hope that their QC is better than that on the recent 870s produced under Freedom Group.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I only have personal experience with the new 870s. Thankfully I didn't buy one. I've heard that quality has slipped across the board, but wouldn't say so without seeing it myself. I'll still shoot one if only to see how that trigger is.

No idea where the hate for the appearance comes from, but then I think Glocks look just fine and all XDs are eyegougingly ugly, so maybe my taste doesn't align with the lot of you.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    This pistol reminds me of my beloved Colt 1903 which I always wanted as threaded barrel for... I only wish they made this one in .32 or I may even settle for .380 but I will probably still get one at some point.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Remington Announces New Pistol, R-51

Hmmm, blast from the past? Remington announces new 9mm handgun which will start shipping in February.

R51-BeautyShot-660x621.jpg

Remington Announces New R-51 Pistol - The Firearm Blog

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    The grip is what gets me. All those curves on the slide and then they go and square off the grip. Looks uncomfortable as hell.

Oh what the heck. At that price, I'm gonna get one. I was going to get a LC9/Shield size 9mm anyway...

Also, those grip "inserts" should be easy to swap out. Should be able to put replacements in there to dress it up.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Always cool to see that gun designers are always thinking and coming out with new products! Some are a hit and some a miss and everyone likes something different. I say keep em' coming!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Very, very interesting. I have read that the original had reliability issues because it was somewhat over-engineered and had lots and lots of small parts. I hope this one doesn't have that issue.

Top Bottom