• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    On my way home from work I occasionally stop by Westside Loan Co, to scout for Mosins. It is a pawn shop at 10th and Tibbs in Indianapolis. To my knowledge they are the only pawn shop in Indy that sells guns.
    Sometimes they have some good deals. Tonight a stack of 30 rd. surplus steel AK mags caught my eye. Hmm I'm thinkin I bet that these guys aren't caught up in the madness. I was wrong $59.99 each then I saw a $1,450 AR. I ran back to my truck drove home and pulled the covers over my head.

The world has gone mad. :n00b:

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    money while some people will pay it, and it seems there are a couple of other pawn shops that sell firearms , but I can not recall who right now

Last edited:

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    On my way home from work I occasionally stop by Westside Loan Co, to scout for Mosins. It is a pawn shop at 10th and Tibbs in Indianapolis. To my knowledge they are the only pawn shop in Indy that sells guns.
    Sometimes they have some good deals. Tonight a stack of 30 rd. surplus steel AK mags caught my eye. Hmm I'm thinkin I bet that these guys aren't caught up in the madness. I was wrong $59.99 each then I saw a $1,450 AR. I ran back to my truck drove home and pulled the covers over my head.

The world has gone mad. :n00b:

Thanks... good story and I needed that laugh. To think of the poor suckers that "sold" it for much, much less.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Always high

Westside has always been high on stuff and I usually can't get them to deal. They have been at it for a long time and not only deal in the used stuff but he carries new also

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    You used to be able to find a diamond in the rough at Westside but now they think everything they have is made of Diamonds.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I stop by the one on Meridian & Fall Creek all the time. Nice old guy works in there and we usually chat guns for a bit. They never have much of anything special. Mostly 12 gauge shotties, standard hand guns and hunting rifles. About the only thing I ever was interested in was a Marlin 336. Not much in the way of accessories either. Sticker prices seem to be fair for used guns, but I know I can find better prices. However, there is no telling if you can barter them down since I have never seen anything worth buying.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    I stop by the one on Meridian & Fall Creek all the time. Nice old guy works in there and we usually chat guns for a bit. They never have much of anything special. Mostly 12 gauge shotties, standard hand guns and hunting rifles. About the only thing I ever was interested in was a Marlin 336. Not much in the way of accessories either. Sticker prices seem to be fair for used guns, but I know I can find better prices. However, there is no telling if you can barter them down since I have never seen anything worth buying.

That shop is Dock Brothers. When they first opened Moses was wearing short pants.
    I have driven by there a thousand times, but never stopped in. Now that I know that they carry firearms I will stop in next week. Thanks

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have had great luck with Tim and Allen at West Side. You just have to be looking for the right stuff. Out the door with more than a few decent deals and some on line with pricing elsewhere. They are proud on a lot of items right now. The $1450 AR is no where near the one I saw at Premier in Brownsburg. Just saying, it is a right place at the right time deal at West side.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Westside has always been high on stuff and I usually can't get them to deal. They have been at it for a long time and not only deal in the used stuff but he carries new also

That has always been my experience, after 4 or 5 visits I never went back.
    That's how I am with most places that are over priced.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I buy almost all of my guns at Westside Loan. I have been doing so since 1985 or so. I have always got super good deals there. I don't have anything bad to say about them.

Top Bottom