Westfield: Student pulled over by fake cop.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    This is some scary stuff! Thank goodness this young lady knew what to ask and how to handle herself. WTH is going on folks!

Police: Student pulled over by fake cop

I've head nothing but good regarding WPD. I hope this guy gets found, and the guy that murdered the Lady and her daughter, and the guy sneeking around DepTaylor's neighborhood, and the guy posing a a dude looking for his dog trying to get into peoples cars......I may have forgotten some other stories I've heard in the last couple months.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Wow that is scary. I'm glad that she has good wits about her.
    I think we should just outlaw all unmarked cars. That's just cheating :cool:

Situations like this make me wonder why unmarked cars are used for pulling people over. Leave the unmarked cars for the more discrete work and keep a noticeable presence with marked cars/trucks on the roadways. (or just find better hiding spots you sneaky buggers!) I'm not so sure the purple is really needed here...

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Situations like this make me wonder why unmarked cars are used for pulling people over. Leave the unmarked cars for the more discrete work and keep a noticeable presence with marked cars/trucks on the roadways. (or just find better hiding spots you sneaky buggers!) I'm not so sure the purple is really needed here...

Many/most agencies don't use unmarked for traffic enforcement. Generally if an unmarked is pulling you over, you have done something to really upset a detective or supervisor. ISP however does, I believe, have a fair number of unmarked traffic enforcement cars.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Many/most agencies don't use unmarked for traffic enforcement. Generally if an unmarked is pulling you over, you have done something to really upset a detective or supervisor. ISP however does, I believe, have a fair number of unmarked traffic enforcement cars.

ISP has a crap load of unmarked cars/trucks/SUV's!!!

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    :+1:I've been snagged by an unmarked ISP car.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

In the 30 years or so I've been driving, I think I've been pulled over around 9 times, maybe a little more.
    About half were unmarked cars.

????
    I guess I'm a Bad Guy.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    In the 30 years or so I've been driving, I think I've been pulled over around 9 times, maybe a little more.
    About half were unmarked cars.

????
    I guess I'm a Bad Guy.
    I think what he was trying to say is that unmarked cars are detectives, administrators, and to get them to pull you over, you've pissed them off. Now ISP is a different animal entirely, they hand out unmarked cars like candy. So if it was ISP that stopped you in an unmarked then there is noting unusual about that. Our dept issues fully marked cars for EVERYONE that works the street from Sgt on down. This includes traffic, K9, etc. Lt's get a marked car but no lightbar. However, many Lt's who are active run takers will choose a lightbar since they are safer to run hot in. So, while it is possible to see an unmarked IMPD car pulling someone over, it is exceedingly rare.

Top Bottom