• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Weslyan Now Offering LGBTTQQF*GPBDSM Housing (Not a Typo)

“The goals of Open House include generating interest in a celebration of queer life from the social to the political to the academic,” the web page states. “Open House works to create a Wesleyan community that appreciates the variety and vivacity of gender, sex and sexuality.”
    :):

Warning: Strong word usage/language in some of those abbreviations described in the article.

Sounds like more of a media stunt. A "we like everyone" gesture, which is meaningless in the end.

This group sounds pretty exclusive, though.... does it leave room for the tumblristas and otherkins? How do they fit this on a sweater?

In all seriousness, couldn’t we just have a single word that is assumed to cover all of this stuff?

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    Depends on who you ask for the one word:
    Religious Zealots: Abomination

I have a serious question though, so is there a chance a straight male is housed with one that is one of the above? If that is the case and it seems its possible, then why not do away with all division and make it completely comingled...

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I have a serious question though, so is there a chance a straight male is housed with one that is one of the above? If that is the case and it seems its possible, then why not do away with all division and make it completely comingled...
    It seems the more equal we become, the more divided we become as well.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yeah, that one word is everyone. Who cares what they are or what personal choices they make?
    Well, since the REST of the population has been called "straight", maybe we could use "Curved" or "Squigley".

Politicians have the market on "Crooked".

In all seriousness, though.... damn, that's a long acronym. SOMEONE wants to feel special.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If John Wesley were still in his grave, he would be spinning like a Cuisinart.

...so why don't they just make it official and remove his name and rename it "Ichabod."

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    I don't know about all of this. When confronted with "celebration of queer life" and LGBTTQQF*GPBDSM I just go numb. I can not relate to it, don't see how I could ever understand it. But it just keeps on being there. When I say something people get offended but I quietly refuse to accept it. The older I get the more perplexed I am about it. :n00b:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I asked my wife if she knew what "LGBTTQQFAGPBDSM" ment? She did not have a clue. When I quoted the article, she rolled her eyes and shook her head.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Since when do colleges divide on sexual orientation? Last I checked sexual orientation has never played a part in what dormitory you stay in. Why do BDSM people need a separate dorm? Hell, it's not even a sexual orientation, it's a fetish!

This is all getting really ridiculous. I don't go around yelling "I'm straight so give me special accomodations!" Yet, if you aren't, boy you make sure everybody knows.

They keep saying it's nobody's business what happens in their bedrooms, yet they sure want us all to know what's happening there.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Couldn't they just name the dorm after Freddie Mercury and call it a day?

That dude would bang anything.

Freddie-Mercury1.jpg

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Why not just call it the "Whatever Dorm" and be done with it??

And I don't know or care about Freddie Mercury's sexual exploits. All I care about is that his voice was a force of nature--still some of the best vocals ever recorded, IMHO.

Top Bottom