• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Come to find out that Wilbur Wright really is closed on Monday's and Tuesday's and the last time I was there on a Tuesday it must have been a holiday and thats why it was open....... we did end up in a feild in a Hummer trying to find it because we did not see the sign that said firearm range but did see the one at the back of the archery range that said shooting range so we figured it was back in the feild (we went a different way this time then the way I went last time I think). So we went to Pop's on the way home.... took everything inside since we had some suppressors (refrence the guy on here that had his stolen out of their parking lot a week or so ago). Price was reasonable but they seriously need a ventalation system. I got to bring home A LOT of brass and we had a lot of problems with all the brands of sub sonic .22 but the CCI.... even had a cheaper one BEND when the gun was cycling and trying to load it.

There is an older guy that works there that is a 55 gallon drum full of knowledge on reloading... also another guy that will bore sight in your rifle in a matter of minutes and gets it VERY close.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    These days it seems you allways find one person that does not like so an so for whatever reason..... there gun selection was less then great, the older guy was cool, the guys shooting were cool, and they let me sweep up brass.... so if they make less then great comments or something then the end result was still great for me. I got enough brass that I could sell it right now and pay for the range time haha.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Never been to Pops, but they get very few positive comments on here. Mostly negative things said about the place and I trust most of the people on the forum so I think I will keep away. ;)

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    It's really sad. They have the opportunity to build a killer business but since their only true competition is Don's, they settle for the status quo. That "old guy" you refer to must suffer from multiple personalities. He's treated me like DIRT on one day and been my best friend the next.

I'm excited to see what BGF has cooking. Could really upend things around here.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I don't do business with them anymore, mostly because their repeatedly bad customer service coupled together with premium pricing = not worth my time or effort.

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    For good or bad, we just accepted the seller's counter-offer on a house within walking distance of Pop's, so I will probably be buying a range membership just due to being able to walk there and shoot whenever I want. Hopefully it's not really as bad as some make it out to be.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    For good or bad, we just accepted the seller's counter-offer on a house within walking distance of Pop's, so I will probably be buying a range membership just due to being able to walk there and shoot whenever I want. Hopefully it's not really as bad as some make it out to be.

Well, as long as it's convenient

Just know that the staff and owner want your money, but don't care if you have the right to carry or use your firearm you purchase (unless of course you are paying them to use their range and leave them some brass)

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Pop's is a last report place for shoot...... The old guy was really nice to me and the buddy I went with, even told my buddy he was a nice guy. I asked him they care if people sweep up brass to take home and he told me they don't care as long as it is mine or I ask others before I sweep up theres........ could not complain with that.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    My biggest problem besides the ventilation is it's pistol only. I wish there was a place that could accomodate rifles close to me........ I think I'll just open one!!!:rockwoot: Who wants to buy a membership?? It will be on the Northside (421 & SR32)

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    My biggest problem besides the ventilation is it's pistol only. I wish there was a place that could accomodate rifles close to me........ I think I'll just open one!!!:rockwoot: Who wants to buy a membership?? It will be on the Northside (421 & SR32)

Well..... they could not argue with an MP-5 haha.

We had a rifle but it was .22. .223 sub sonic was still a no-no.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Well..... they could not argue with an MP-5 haha.

We had a rifle but it was .22. .223 sub sonic was still a no-no.

Yeah last time I went I took my FA Mac11 and suppressor. Unfortunately I had just finished my last AR build and really wanted to test fire and couldn't:(

Top Bottom