Went to Bradis today with 400 in cash ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you're part of the club.

Been to both stores many many times. I have had ups and downs in Bradis as I am not a serious regular. Only had a bad experience once but that was right after Sandy Hook and every one was out of their minds.
    I will say that Plainfield has better pricing on the pieces I am interested in.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Been to both stores many many times. I have had ups and downs in Bradis as I am not a serious regular. Only had a bad experience once but that was right after Sandy Hook and every one was out of their minds.
    The folks at Bradis may not roll out the red carpet and offer everyone that walks through the door tea and crumpets, but I have never known them--in the 12 years I have been darkening their door--to be rude, condescending, or ignore by choice. On the other hand, that's pretty much par for the course for those on the out at PSS. They copped an attitude when Mr88GT asked if they had a particular item. His intention was to buy it. He bought it elsewhere. I played googley eyes with a rifle for 5 minutes once. There were 3 employees and 2 other customers (one of whom was Mr88GT). Not once was my presence acknowledge. The folks at Bradis may not always be able to initiate with a customer immediately, but I have watched them go down the counter and ask each person if he/she needed help. Just to make sure everyone had a chance to coonfinger, ask questions, etc.

In hindsight, I should have made that purple. *I* knew it was poke at me, but the uninitiated may not have. Sorry about that.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Agreed, I've purchased many guns at PSS. I generally purchase accessories or things that have some service associated with it (night sights, etc) or that I'm seeking an opinion on at Bradis.

I've traded a few items at PSS, because Bob simply gave me a better trade price than any other gun shop would (and yes, I took the same trade item to a couple including Bradis, and far and away Bob's offer was far better).

Each store has their own benefits/positive aspects.

I have not ever had a bad experience at Bradis, and regularly go there to purchase as well as seek Mark's opinion when looking to purchase a variety of accessories firearms related. I know Mark will provide me with straight forward, no BS perspective based on his real world use and experience with something, and will also tell me if he does not really have a particular opinion on something.

When I am at PSS, I'm not seeking guidance, merely the best price and availability of a particular gun. I would never send someone looking for guidance on what gun to buy, etc to PSS. I would send them to Bradis.

I learned a good time back who to deal with on what at each store and don't waste my time with the other folks.

Top Bottom