Went to Bradis today with 400 in cash ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    and didn't buy anything! I was looking for a .380 to price out and get more info on (my Taurus doesn't do cc very well). Well, the very friendly guys behind the counter were patient, informative, and very helpful. Suffice it to say, if I ever get back over there, they have my business. Now to do research on some guns! :):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good choice. Also check out the folks at US Defense Solutions in Greenwood. Equally friendly and awesome. I shop both personally as its a quick drive to either for me.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    and didn't buy anything! I was looking for a .380 to price out and get more info on (my Taurus doesn't do cc very well). Well, the very friendly guys behind the counter were patient, informative, and very helpful. Suffice it to say, if I ever get back over there, they have my business. Now to do research on some guns! :):

Looking for a .380? Check out the .380 Bersa Thunder. Nice size, good shooter, conceals easily, great price. I really like mine!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Which Taurus do you have? How much smaller are you looking to go? Chances are there is a 9mm that will fit the bill, unless you have a reason to go .380. Especially if your Taurus is 9mm, might be better to stay with that caliber. Just my thoughts. Plenty of compact and subcompact 9mms. Take a look at the Kahr line for example.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Which Taurus do you have? How much smaller are you looking to go? Chances are there is a 9mm that will fit the bill, unless you have a reason to go .380. Especially if your Taurus is 9mm, might be better to stay with that caliber. Just my thoughts. Plenty of compact and subcompact 9mms. Take a look at the Kahr line for example.

Actually, that is what the guys at Bradis recommended. Especially since .380 is in short supply. I am now looking at the LC9, as it is similar in size to the lcp. The XD and the Shield are nice, but just a little too bulky for pocket carry. I prefer something small for cc purposes.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Actually, that is what the guys at Bradis recommended. Especially since .380 is in short supply. I am now looking at the LC9, as it is similar in size to the lcp. The XD and the Shield are nice, but just a little too bulky for pocket carry. I prefer something small for cc purposes.

I knew I liked the folks at Bradis for a reason... :ingo:

afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    Looking at getting a .380 for the wife myself. Probably going with the Bersa Thunder. Right pistol for the money I'm looking to spend. I may need to go chat with them.

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Lc9is very similar in size to a kahrcm/pm 9 . and I cant not pocket carry either.

Agree. I borrowed a buddies LC9 for a weekend. Although it will fit in a pocket of Dockers, it is heavy and little big for pocket carry. Bodyguard 380 fits very well in a pocket. Same size as the LCP, but it feels better in the hand, IMO.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm not trying to cause problems, but I've never had them be very polite to me. I went there twice about 2 years ago and never went again.

No worries Sear... Several of the guys arent the most cordial, but they are all professional. You wont get your butt kissed going there (unless you are a lady) but you should be treated well.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    No worries Sear... Several of the guys arent the most cordial, but they are all professional. You wont get your butt kissed going there (unless you are a lady) but you should be treated well.
    Not even when you're a lady. Last time I was in there, I was called a snob.

Otherwise, I agree. Been going to Bradis for 14 years. I've never experienced or witnessed rude or unprofessional behavior.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I'm not trying to cause problems, but I've never had them be very polite to me. I went there twice about 2 years ago and never went again.
    I have never had any problems there! Of course I am pretty thick skinned, don't go to a Gun Shop to make friends, just to purchase firearms and accessories. My criteria are that they be honest, have a firearm I am wanting, and have decent prices. Son and I have bought a few guns at Bradis without any issues. In my opinion they are honest people, some prices good ~ some high (just like almost all the GS's I have dealt with) they do have one of the better selections of guns and accessories in the area and normally will make a decent deal. If ANY clerk or owner in ANY store is rude to me they will be told immediately. I try to be polite as long as they are but....

Top Bottom