• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My Dad, and I first stopped at Acme Sports in Seymour. Looks like their ammo prices have stayed pretty consistent. Wanted some 00 buck, but they had none. I did not know that .45 fmj rounds are up to $22 a box. Glad I got rid of my .45. Self defense rounds in .380 where $30 a box. I was like, that is freaking crazy. Fondled a Taurus 709 slim again. They had a NIB S&W M&P 4" .40 for $545, that's the cheapest I have seen locally. They also had a NIB Xdm 3.8" 9mm for $600, that's the cheapest I have seen locally. Bought a box of Wolf 7.62x39, $7.50. Also a box of Wolf .22LR Match Target, $8.75 to try in my Savage MKIIFV. My Dad bought some Federal Tactical .223 for $9.50 a box.

Next we went to J&J custom firearms in Columbus. Needed to pick up some targets. All he had was the bowling pin type, but he gave us 5 for free. Bought a box of Blazer aluminum cased 9mm for $12.95. I was looking in the case and saw a subcompact 9mm. That looked like a cross between a Kel-Tec PF-9, and a Taurus 709 slim. Never heard of it before. It's a SCCY CPX-1. SCCY Industries. Fondeled it for a moment and felt great in my hands. Doing some research on it as of now.

All and all it was a great day, spent with my Father.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Do yourself a favor... Buy a KelTec P11 before buying any SCCY product.

The KT is thrice the gun that SCCY is and mucho better customer service.

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    As someone noted in your other thread: Yes, I DO believe that mag base plates are available.

I had a P-11 for about a year. I don't think I had the extensions, but I'm not sure. I have decently large hands and I don't remember having any trouble holding on to the pistol.

Now, was it comfortable to shoot? Not really... Too light to be any kind of "range gun". Even today, I'd probably pick a P11 over the PF9 if given the choice.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Sounds like a good time. I love Acme Sports in Seymour, worth the drive there because the gun shops here don't have a price point worth my time.... and that is sad because we have 3ish gun stores. Phoenix Guns, J&J Firearms and Columbus Pawn. I've had cash in hand everytime I've gone and never found anything worth purchasing for their asking price and not much wiggle room for haggling.

I like the slimness of the PF9 a lot more than the P11. It's difference seems negligible but if you're wearing formal/business clothes, you can hide the PF9 a LOT more... it makes a world of a difference. I don't think you can go wrong with either one if you take the time to break it in and maybe do a little bit of fluff and buff.

Here are all the P11's factory accessories. It is sort of 'hidden' on their webpage. By that, I mean poorly designed:

Kel-Tec - Store

It looks like they have at least three magazine butt plates. When I picked up my PF9 at Acme, they had base plates and extra mags available in the store. I bought one of each. The gun itself came with only one mag but one of each type of mag plate extension. I hope that helps a little!

As to back up what everyone else has said, I'd stay away from the SCCY. The price is right but the quality is not.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    How is the selection at Acme's? I live within a half hour of it but I haven't made the skip over there yet. What type of guns do they stock? I have seen that they are a class 3 dealer also! Thanks

whatscooking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Madison,In
    Hi to all,new here. ACME to me is one of the better stores in this part of the state for sure,they have Mosin Nagants.Another one i like is Orions in Clarksville alot of slections.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    How is the selection at Acme's? I live within a half hour of it but I haven't made the skip over there yet. What type of guns do they stock? I have seen that they are a class 3 dealer also! Thanks

They have a great selection. They are a class three dealer. They have a wide variety of AR/M4 rifles, also some nice AK's. Bolt actions, lever actions, semi autos. Good selection of pistols also. They also have a good selection of ammo, at reasonable prices. I highly recommend going. Next to Bite the Bullet, it's my favorite.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    ACME is a good store to check out. They have a good selection of firearms for all tastes. They are also a stocking dealer of suppressors and machine guns, sbr's etc.

Steve, Joe or Clint are very knowledgeable and can give good advice on any purchase.

They are always stocked with ammo and mags as well and carry a good selection of accessories.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    ACME is a good store to check out. They have a good selection of firearms for all tastes. They are also a stocking dealer of suppressors and machine guns, sbr's etc.

Steve, Joe or Clint are very knowledgeable and can give good advice on any purchase.

They are always stocked with ammo and mags as well and carry a good selection of accessories.

:+1: Though i try to deal with Clint the most.

Top Bottom