• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    As an update i e-mailed pics this morning to Armscor customer service and explained the problem. Gotta say i'm pretty happy with the outcome. They said that from what i described and what they saw in the pictures that it should not have left the factory this way, to send it in and they will see if there is a fix and if not they will completely replace the pistol. I had a feeling something was pretty messed up, might be new to 1911's but i'm definitely not new to guns and i knew that wasn't right no matter what gun it is. Guess in a few weeks i'll have to post how it all turned out.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    As an update i e-mailed pics this morning to Armscor customer service and explained the problem. Gotta say i'm pretty happy with the outcome. They said that from what i described and what they saw in the pictures that it should not have left the factory this way, to send it in and they will see if there is a fix and if not they will completely replace the pistol. I had a feeling something was pretty messed up, might be new to 1911's but i'm definitely not new to guns and i knew that wasn't right no matter what gun it is. Guess in a few weeks i'll have to post how it all turned out.
    Good choice. Hope it works out. That's what I would've done. :yesway:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Personally I found for price, the Taurus 1911, shoots great, right from the box. And for the same price as your RI. no issuses at all.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Rock Island has excellent customer service. Call Ivan Walcott at 775-537-1444. I had an RIA tactical that had an issue and he went over an above to take care of it, even thru in a couple extra mags when he sent it back

This^. I can vouch for that. They will strive to make you a happy camper and repeat customer.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    You aren't being picky, I would expect a new gun to be fit better than that. Very good to hear RIA is taking care of you. I wouldn't mind a tactical someday, they look like a solid 1911.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    You have every right to expect to buy a new gun and it be perfect (Entry level or not) Ignore the people saying your picky or whatever, they are nuts :D my next purchase is a RIA 1911, iv done a ton of research on them and shot a bunch of them and they all function perfectly; that being said, i would call them and see what they may be able to do abou tfixing this issue. Good luck! :yesway:

Great advice. $550 is still a good chunk of change and the OP has a valid reason for concern regardless if its an entry level pistol or not.

ajinator537

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Bargersville
    I just think that if I wanted to buy a gun that just shot well then I would have bought a used glock. I bought this brand new and I believe that if you pay for a brand new gun, no matter what company, it should be in relatively good shape. The frame scratching against the slide right out of the box just doesn't seem right to me. It's like buying a brand new car that drives great then get home and find a huge gash in the back seat... sure it doesn't affect the performance but I wouldn't be too happy with a big ol' cosmetic problem after paying all that money.
    I realize $530 bucks for a 1911 ain't much, but it's still a decent chunk of change to have a problem like that.

Also, I would think that the friction from the frame gouging into the slide would eventually affect performance, i might be wrong too but parts rubbing together that shouldn't seem like they could cause problems, like a timing issue that could cause FTE's from the slide being slowed down.

I agree 100000000000% It shouldn't have left production with an issue like that!:patriot: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/images/smilies/AR15firing.gif

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    RIA is proving itself to be an outstanding Company with a great product for the money.

Top Bottom