• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I kind of know the feeling. My last job was working maintenance for Dolly Madison bakery. They where in bankrupt way before I started. Well they where finally bought out. They asked, to increase our insurance by $10 and take $10 out of our check every week, so "employees" would not loose their jobs. Help get us out of bankruptcy. I voted yes. Then what do they do. Waste a bunch of money on useless unneeded equipment. 90% of the people that worked there. Had a I don't give a **** attitude. A lot of companies are a complete joke.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    still no phone call. I went into work and picked up my tool box and what little tools were left there. supervisor said there will be a board meeting tonight and they should know something then.same old bs as usual, no one knows anything, you have to talk to this person.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    anyone have any idea how? there web site said they were not hiring for any positions right now.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    well they told the remaining guys to pack their stuff up and take them home, so it looks like this company has finally bit the dust. not really suprised because of the way they spent money. more going out than coming in and on some dumb things as well as the wrong things.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    i almost hesitate to write this. It shows a side of me that i hate bring out.I got a call from my supervisor yesterday afternoon. He asked if i would be willing to come back in for one final push to get this one job done. He said if we get this trailer done by Friday( no way possible) we can get paid for last week.I said ill try but i will paid whether its done or not. but i will want some answers when i get there. i told him i wont except any BS, just the truth. And i have a few words for our dear CEO and shop supervisor. ( cant repeat them here, trust me)He said do what you gotta do. And that he will be bring us all together (this morning)and letting us know whats going on.I took a tape recorder with me and recorded it. First the CEO never showed up and the shop supervisor quite yesterday evening. There were only 9 of us at this meeting this morning, No one else would show up as they didn't know if they would get paid or not.It was 2 of the biggest investors giving us the lowdown.Cool at least i trust and respect these 2 guys. They told us there is no more money for payroll but he would be putting the money up to make sure we were paid. we proceeded to fill them in with all the crap and bs we have had to endure. When all was said and down 40 minutes later one investor was about to cry while the other couldn't believe what he was hearing and about to explode. the CEO has been feeding them nothing but lie after lie for years.They went into the front office and had a meeting with those higher up managers. So far they have found fraud. Shop supervisors son in law was on the payroll even as he was collecting unemployment.The book keeper has money missing and no explanation as to where it is.Shop supervisor is banned from property. CEO is effectively neutered of his authority. The investors were led to believe this job would be done tomorrow(Fri oct7) and that all parts were here for it. there isn't even half the parts and it will take at least another week to finish this up if we had them. They are scrambling like ants trying to find us parts so we can get this job out and get our money. there is a little glimmer of hope though, Another company sent us a check to complete their job which we already started but in need of funds to get parts to complete. so there is a tiny bit of money and a tiny glimmer of hope now.The vise president is running the show right now.I trust him, i have never caught him in a lie and he does seem like he is sorry for all that has happened.They are trying to find someone to either buy out the assets of the company or buy into a share of the company right now. So the titanic is sinking but there's still a chance they can keep it buoyant enough to repair the damage.I really hope the CEO, shop supervisor, and book keeper get arrested for this.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom