• ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi guys and girls;

I debated going to the 1500 today, wish now I hadn't. $10.00 addmission fee, up again and what $2 or $3 parking fee.
    You can sure tell inflation is already here.
    I half expected to see a free gun with the purchase of a case of ammo if you colud find it. Even 22 LR ammo was out of sight. I don't think there will be too many plinkers around anymore. I expected to see ammo flying out the door but at those prices it wasn't.
    Well it's not there fault, the dollar is about to go into free fall and I'm reminded of that saying that as California goes so goes the nation, Man I hope not but I don't see anything to stop it.
    Sure makes me glad my house and car are paid off and I don't owe anybody anything.
    Well I truely do hope that if you go to the 1500 that you have a good time, just take plenty of money with you.
    Have a great weekend everybody, Dan.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I couldn't make it, to much stuff around the house this weekend. And, family time is more important than going off to the slot machines, which is what it seems the gun shows are amounting to be anymore...pay big, get nothing in return.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Inflation rocks for those of us in dept, our dept becomes relatively smaller! It's the spikes in interest that will suck. I'll be headed to the show tomorrow, with no plans to buy anything, just go shopping.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    I'm thinking of going tomorrow . Were the gun prices crazy or was it just the ammo ?

i didn't think the prices on some of the pistols wer too outragious and didn't really look at the rifles well except a few of the .50 cals hehehe but they did have a good price on some r.p.g.s lmao 90 bux per round

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Just wait till the raise your property taxes and take your home :runaway:

Well of course those things I have no control over which is why I stocked up on ammo a long time ago. It's more because of the percieved threat of crime more than anything else.

The welfare will go (it now is in California), the Social Security will be lost to inflation and the pensions will go (I've already recieved notice).

The reason we have not felt it yet like they did in the early 30's is because there was no uninployment insurance or Social Security or pensions and the like to fall back on but it will catch up to us.

I have no reason to worry though because Jesus promised he would take care of his own if we would only trust in him.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I found more than fair prices on what I was looking for. and admission has been high ever since I can remember. my daughter got free stuff so it was a good trip for me.

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    I agree with you. What a waste of my time.

The wait to get in wasn't all that bad at 3:00...ten minutes, tops.
    But the prices on ammo were outrageous. Over double on what I paid when I started stacking a year ago. I left without buying a round. Prices on firearms and accessories didnt seem WAY out of whack like ammo is. I guess I'll take my chances fighting the midnight hordes at Wallymart and the like to find a reasonable price.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    flightsimmer: I think you were right in front of me in line. Did you enter the line about at Hook's right before 2pm? If so, were any of the guys with you also INGOers?

It's possible you have a twin, too, though. Or my eyesight is worse than measured at the BMV this morning for my test. :)

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is this the back of your head? The blue/white patterned short sleeved shirt.

palm052909001.jpg

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I don't go but once or twice a year. Plan on going tomorrow. I know I'm not gonna find any decent deals on ammo. Just mostly gonna go get my INGO shirt, and maybe see if I can find a couple of decent priced mags for my 1911.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    Just wait till the raise your property taxes and take your home :runaway:

I find it funny that you mention this, I just got my property taxes today and the 2 acres with a house I just picked up a while back liked to made me wet myself. The taxes due for both installments total $6, $3 spring and $3 fall and each $3 is just court fees. I actually owe $0 for taxes. Fine by me, but I find it odd.:dunno:

standanjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    I'm just about ready to be done with the 1500, too. I stopped and peeked at a GSG for $625 (Precision Arms in Columbia City has them on the shelf for $525). Had I not ordered a case of 223 from the Brass Kings, I probably would have left then. What a joke! I did get to thank Fenway for completely destroying my productivity with the forum, though.

Top Bottom