Well*** Should I go buy all the AR -types rifles..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Why would you WANT to sink a lot of money into guns they want to take away?

That... seems odd.

I would rather they confiscate 1 AR15 than 5. I would rather keep the extra 4 grand eh?
    Doubt they would try to take any away, just pass a law that no new one's can be made or sold. Like the last Clinton "assault weapon" ban. Same with high cap mags. Think PRE-BAN

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Doubt they would try to take any away, just pass a law that no new one's can be made or sold. Like the last Clinton "assault weapon" ban. Same with high cap mags. Think PRE-BAN

I agree. I don't think they will be coming around collecting up all of the weapons. They will BAN, BAN, BAN.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Like I said in another thread. To confiscate they will first have to find all the guns which means registration. If they don't do some sort of forced registration, then banning manufacture and sale of them is what is most likely what will happen.

If you don't own an "assault weapon" that you know you can't live without, I'd invest now (although prices will be high).

Whether hi-cap mags will also be banned is a toss up imo.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I predict no new gun laws, bans or restrictions in the next 4 years. Irrational fear and profiteering from the fear will cause the prices to go up.

The 1994 AWB was a joke and both parties know it. To go back down that path would ridiculous. If anything happens, it won't be the same old song and dance. The current administration has bigger issues to worry about and they don't have the political muscle to push a gun ban through.

By all means, ignore me and panic buy though. As long as enough people do, you can be gouged on prices.

STK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Henry county
    It is a catch 22. Get them while you can and pay the high prices or wait for the prices to come back down and possibly not be able to get it at all.

ae168504

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If people refuse to pay the price gouging increases then the demand wont be there to award the price increases. We are our own worst enemies in this aspect and Obama is best gun salesman ever.

IndyAK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Somewhere and Nowhere
    Why? Saving money is a horrible idea... Inflation is eclipsing interest earned on savings accounts by a large margin and considering we stand on the cliff of an economical disaster... liquidating your assets might be a huge mistake.

People think its a good idea to invest in Silver and Gold because they think its a "safe" currency... that may be the case, but I can almost GUARANTEE that investing in firearms is a relatively safe place to put your money.

:yesway: This

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    Unless nothing happens. My pre-ban AR-15 dropped in value $400 in 2005.
    Like any investment, there is no sure thing. The best investor would have bought hi cap pistols and assault rifles months ago and will sell them this winter for a markup. That person was gambling that Obama would win.

Top Bottom