Well round 2 for carry on campus, State Government level now!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TMU317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Indy
    the funny thing about it was the fact that the campus police is all for students carrying on person or in their vehicles. its the administration that has a problem with it and stated students would be handled with 'swift administrative and legal actions if firearms were carried into a place of higher learning'.. not cool..

but yea close to 40k/year in education and paying for only a small fraction of it sure is nice

A few years ago a few of the officers agreed to participate in an "event" with the science club. The officers brought in a few rifles and handguns from their own collections and allowed students to look at them and ask questions. It was interesting to speak with them, although at the time I did not think to ask their opinions on students/staff carrying on campus. Having dealt with some of those in the administration, I find it hard to believe they would ever allow it. It is odd that they allow students who have been convicted of robbery and such to attend Marian, but see no need for individuals to have the means of self defense.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The Right to Life is our most precious and important right, isn't self protection of this right equally important? Everywhere? All the time? Didn't the Second Amendment state "shall not be infringed"?

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I have a huge question that I dare not whisper for fear that someone will go and change it.

The possibilities are ginormous, and I hope I'm not the only one who sees it.

And if you do see it, keep it quiet. I know there will be proposed amendments. I don't want to give anyone any ideas.

I have a lot of things to say about this post, and they could have big ramifications for many of the people who read this thread. It directly applies to the subject of this website

but I'm not going to say them.

See how silly that was?

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I swear, colleges suck. What a perfect place for some clown to light up a bunch people than on a college campus. And they think they have all the brains. Might I remind them that VT got hit again by some idiot that seems not to follow their stupid rules. Just silly.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I have a lot of things to say about this post, and they could have big ramifications for many of the people who read this thread. It directly applies to the subject of this website

but I'm not going to say them.

See how silly that was?

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. I don't want to give anyone who watches this site that fights against us any ideas whatsoever. Read the proposal and make your own conclusions.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Proposed Bill Would Allow Guns On College Campuses - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

Just figured some others ought to know, haven't seen anything on this yet here, so sorry if I am reposting. This goes great with my paper that I just finished.

Thanks for posting this. I somehow managed to miss this bill proposal.

It looks like I will be contacting a legislator tomorrow morning to offer my support and ask what I can do to help pass the bill.

I encourage others to do the same.

Top Bottom