• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueDog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    NE Indiana
    That makes sense. We also use 'whale' peristaltic pumps at work, which operate on a car battery. These are very easy to operate, but may not work if your water levels are low.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    The bailer is my backup plan for an exteded power outage or no city water. I think I am going to get one of those metal check valves.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This should work as the foot valve check is directional. It will allow flow away from the well but checks up on return. This would be the answer with minimum mods to the well head.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Check this out, and similar from other sources.
    Bison Deep Well Hand Water Pumps
    We used this type of pump for many years.
    You have to have water and I would not want to depend on generators, fuel for a generator ect in order to have water.
    I guess the bailer bucket would get you by but it would be slow going, which is better than nothing by a country mile.
    If you can swing it you should get another casing in the ground and set up the above type pump. Have it ready in case you need. At least get another well cased.
    Put up a couple of panels of fence ect so nobody can see it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Check this out, and similar from other sources.
    Bison Deep Well Hand Water Pumps
    We used this type of pump for many years.
    You have to have water and I would not want to depend on generators, fuel for a generator ect in order to have water.
    I guess the bailer bucket would get you by but it would be slow going, which is better than nothing by a country mile.
    If you can swing it you should get another casing in the ground and set up the above type pump. Have it ready in case you need. At least get another well cased.
    Put up a couple of panels of fence ect so nobody can see it.

You could set the whole thing up, run it to test and then remove the pump, cap the new casing and cover it all up so none would be the wiser. Test it occasionally but keep it in reserve if you are worried.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    You could set the whole thing up, run it to test and then remove the pump, cap the new casing and cover it all up so none would be the wiser. Test it occasionally but keep it in reserve if you are worried.

That would work too, even better in fact. I would like to have some way of hiding the pump for when it is actually in use. Need to think ahead on that too.
    I like to keep my stuff out of sight.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That would work too, even better in fact. I would like to have some way of hiding the pump for when it is actually in use. Need to think ahead on that too.
    I like to keep my stuff out of sight.

If SHTF, do not run your lights visually or you will have un-wanted visitors. Same would go for water.

Top Bottom