• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Dude, I would seriously rethink the "regulars calling" idea. I think the company will know how they found out.

Yep this.

Better think it over a while longer and stop posting about it on the internet. I think you are "slapping" the guy you can reach instead of the one who needs it by bad mouthing your employer for some one else hitting your car.

Millions of people drive their car to work every day and park in company parking lots. Is Walmart liable for every employees car sitting out in their parking lot just because the greeter is on the clock? Don't matter how long you work there or how many times you've quit on them. They just aren't the ones who damaged your property.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    OP -

I'm glad you've cooled down and realized that while it is unfortunate that your car was hit, there is really nothing that your employer is liable for.

I'm also glad that you decided against the "I'll show you" tactics you were planning.

If I may rant a bit on my own, I absolutely cannot stand when people pull that line. I've worked here for X number of years and all I get is blah blah blah....I'll show them!

People get that attitude because employers "yer part of the family.., we love you, here is your sucker for so many years award" when it is cheaper than raises and wages. Then when you expect to be treated that way back it's all about pennies and nickles they gave you.

What you put in your pocket on pay day and a bank will put in your account is the total sum of what an employee is to an employer. Never let an employer trade good feelings for your labor it's nothing but a con game. Never let them "hold" your wages for your own good and call it a pension or benefits.

They don't pay you for you to pat them on the back, don't work for them because they pat you on the back. They always have the knife ready in the other hand to down size, lay off, and fire. Every time they pat you on the back and hand you a check you can bet by the time they turn around they are trying to figure out a way to get your job done with out you, get you to do it cheaper, or find some one else who will do it cheaper or just eliminate it all together.

Last edited:

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Dude, that really sucks but you can't expect your employer to pay for your car getting hit. Thats what car insurance is for. It sucks that you are going to have to pay the deductible unless the person that hit it comes clean. Trust me. I had a LOT of time and money in my last jeep. Then a drunk blue hair in a Mercedes pulled out in front of me and I had to fight tooth and nail to get as much as possible out of it.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    If I may rant a bit on my own, I absolutely cannot stand when people pull that line. I've worked here for X number of years and all I get is blah blah blah....I'll show them!

[/QUOTE]

Yep, they have them at your plant too huh? :D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    It sounds like your boss went above and beyond the call of duty to try and help you out on this, I agree with the others that this is not the company's fault ether and I know of no company that would pay for it, I can understand your being mad about it, but any recourse on the company you work for would be fruitless and wind up hurting you in the long run! Hang tough and sorry that you are a victim in this also!!

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Now here is where I start to lose the faith. My boss talks to the DM about paying for the damage to my car since I was on the clock and on their property,

Your boss should have known better than to lead you on. If you were operating your vehicle for company purposes, they would and should pay. Parking your car in their lot while you work is not using the car for company purposes.

I figure that it would be a clear cut case that they, being the billion dollar corporation that they are, would cough up the $600 to fix it and there would be no problems.

Million, billion or trillion dollar company doesn't make a bit of difference.

WRONG, I received a call back from corporate yesterday and the lady tells me that they won't cover any cost since my car is private property. Well the lady didn't like my response just before I hung up on her. So I'm planning on showing them what can happen when a person works there for nine years. I start telling all my regulars to call the customer service number and voice their opinion about it. The only stipulation I ask of them is to leave my boss out of the issue, he went to bat for me and did everything he could and he is just as ticked as I am.

I'd fire you in a heart beat for antics like that.
    Again I apologize for the long post, I'm fuming right now and need to get it off my chest. I find it funny also the double standard that they set for themselves that when my car is on their property, they are allowed to search it. However, when my car is hit, it is private property. So if the day ever comes that they want to search my car, I'm flat out refusing since it is my private property.

Get over it. Your beef is with some idiot who hit your car, not the company you work for.

I have similar discussions with my employees all the time... and later they bit h and whine to me about "I've been with the same company for 5 (10 or whatever years) and never gotten more than the standard raise or never got a promotion.... and they wonder why.

I hate to sound harsh, but you sound exactly like dozens of people I've dealt with before and you people are all the same. "The company has XYZ and the least they could do...."

Entitlement, it's not just for democrats anymore
    Entitlement.PNG

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Think of it this way...

Now you have on record, that your car is "private property" so they can't say anything about you having a gun in your car before the July 1st law goes into affect :D

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    Okay, first let me thank you guys for talking some sense into me. I went into work today and I talked with most of my regulars that I told yesterday to do this and not to call the corporate headquarters, all of them said that they hadn't called yet, so I averted that disaster. I even went ahead and called the lady at the corporate office back (I still had the number on my cell) and I apologized to her.

Second, I know I came on here and started pouting and in general being a whiny little b**ch, I apologize to you guys for having to deal with it. I think I was going through all the emotions associated with something like this.

Finally, prometheus, I'm not being a jerk to you when I say this. I actually like your poster. I'm satisfied with just having the first three, I'm paying for the fourth and fifth one right now, the clothes are wally world brand(no problem for me), the seventh, eighth and ninth were paid for two years ago, and the last one, is what lead me to get foot in the mouth disease on here, will be paid for in about three years.

Also on a closing note, INGO freaking rules!!! Thanks guys!!!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well, at least you got some sense talked into you. I'd be pissed to no end too. I wouldn't count on the cops catching the bad guy though. If you do have his plate, you could always sue in civil court for damages I would think though. Surely you got plenty of pictures, right?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Okay, first let me thank you guys for talking some sense into me. I went into work today and I talked with most of my regulars that I told yesterday to do this and not to call the corporate headquarters, all of them said that they hadn't called yet, so I averted that disaster. I even went ahead and called the lady at the corporate office back (I still had the number on my cell) and I apologized to her.

Second, I know I came on here and started pouting and in general being a whiny little b**ch, I apologize to you guys for having to deal with it. I think I was going through all the emotions associated with something like this.

Finally, prometheus, I'm not being a jerk to you when I say this. I actually like your poster. I'm satisfied with just having the first three, I'm paying for the fourth and fifth one right now, the clothes are wally world brand(no problem for me), the seventh, eighth and ninth were paid for two years ago, and the last one, is what lead me to get foot in the mouth disease on here, will be paid for in about three years.

Also on a closing note, INGO freaking rules!!! Thanks guys!!!
    Finney, as others have said, venting is good as well as using other people for "sounding-boards" to bounce ideas off of.

Reps for talking to your "regulars" and reversing your course. I saw that measure ending only in ugly things.

Reps for calling the lady at Corporate and apologizing. From my own personal experience, apologizing can be hard to do.

And lastly, sorry about your car. I have never owned a brand new car, but any new-to-me vehicle that got a scratch/dent anonymously in a parking lot brought a lot of heartburn to me.

Good on ya, mate.! :yesway:

Top Bottom