Well, INGOCrats...looks like your pro-gun guy is kaput.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    He probably had a real chance in that party in 1948...before all their candidates were endorsed by the Communist Party of America.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There's no room in the official party of gun control for anyone who opposes gun control.

They'll just have to vote hillary now.... begrudgingly.... arm twisting..... no other choice.

Well, after all, they're not one-issue voters.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'm surprised that anyone here actually thinks this DEMOCRAT is honest. They'll say anything to get elected, and will ban guns if the chance presents itself. Its their party. If this guy became president and had the house and senate he'd pass anything they send to his desk. You really think he'd veto a gun control bill? Come on, have we learned nothing from the democrat party over the years?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Definitely classy remarks he said on his way out. Hillary wouldn't know class if it hit her on the head.

BOOOOM! Democrat Jim Webb Leaves Democrat Race and Says This to Hillary on his way out...

(Republic! Jim, we live in a republic, not a democracy.)

Although I "like" his sentiment...I'm afraid he's wrong. To Hillary, Republicans _are_ the enemy.

And to me, someone who thinks I'm the enemy, is not the "opposition." Harry Truman was the opposition. Jack Kennedy was the opposition. Hillary is not the "opposition."

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Too bad, of all of the Democratic candidates Jim Webb is the only one I liked! He was a much more centered candidate than many on both sides... He was most certainly the only Dem I was pulling for and I wouldn't be too concerned if he got elected like I will be if any other Dem now in the running does!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Although I "like" his sentiment...I'm afraid he's wrong. To Hillary, Republicans _are_ the enemy.

And to me, someone who thinks I'm the enemy, is not the "opposition." Harry Truman was the opposition. Jack Kennedy was the opposition. Hillary is not the "opposition."

Well said. I agree. I think Barack Obama showed the Democrats how to ridicule their way into victory. It will only get worse. I was just talking to my MIL who is conservative, about how parents today don't correct out the propensity in children to peer pressure their peers. When I tried to pull that **** when I was a kid, I got scolded. Today's parents just turn their heads. Or worse, encourage it. So these kids grow up believing, not only that problems are solved by ridiculing their enemies, but also that their opponents ARE enemies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I like Jim Webb...I didn't like the way he ran his campaign when he ran for Senate but I like him....I read his book "Born Fighting, How the Scots-Irish Shaped America". He and Evan Bayh were part of the "Blue Dog Coalition" that tried to maintain that small pro life/pro gun branch of the Democrat Party but they were marginalized by the rest of the party...

He can write too...Can really turn a phrase and cut to the meat of it.....

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I like Jim Webb...I didn't like the way he ran his campaign when he ran for Senate but I like him....I read his book "Born Fighting, How the Scots-Irish Shaped America". He and Evan Bayh were part of the "Blue Dog Coalition" that tried to maintain that small pro life/pro gun branch of the Democrat Party but they were marginalized by the rest of the party...

Hey, Evan Bayh...now THERE's another name we haven't heard in a while. Seems he felt the Democrat Party didn't have much room for him, either?

I sense a pattern here.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Hey, Evan Bayh...now THERE's another name we haven't heard in a while. Seems he felt the Democrat Party didn't have much room for him, either?

I sense a pattern here.

Bayh? :rolleyes:

Way back in 2007, I sent him a request to vote against some "gun control" bill or other.

What follows is an exchange of emails... his in reply to me, my response to that, and his follow-up, which I never answered, for reasons about to become obvious:

From noreply@bayh.senate.gov
    To (redacted)
    06/20/07 at 10:01 AM

Dear Mr. (Rights):

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control. I appreciate your thoughts and concerns on this important issue.

The primary purpose of any gun control legislation must be to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals or juveniles. Throughout my public life, I have opposed legislation that fails to appropriately balance the need to maintain a safe society with the ability of law-abiding Americans to own and use firearms responsibly. I have always supported the Second Amendment and have opposed efforts to impose burdensome regulations on gun-owners. I believe that tough and effective enforcement of existing firearm s laws is the best way to save lives.

Please be assured, that as gun control legislation is brought before the Senate in the future, I will keep your views in mind.

Thank you for contacting me. I hope the information I have provided is helpful. My website, http://bayh.senate.gov , can provide additional details about legislation and state projects, and you can also sign up to receive my monthly e-newsletter, The Bayh Bulletin , by clicking on the link at the top of my ho mepage. I value your input and hope you will continue to keep me informed of the issues important to you.

Office of Senator Evan Bayh
    (202) 224-5623
    Russell 463
    Washington, D.C. 20510

From (redacted)
    To (Sen. Bayh)
    06/22/07 at 12:02 AM
    Dear Sen. Bayh,
    Thank you for the form-letter reply I received. It is refreshing to know that someone at least read enough of my email to recognize the correct subject, even if it was not you yourself, Senator. I must take issue with one of the phrases for which you take responsibility, since the letter originated in your office:

"The primary purpose of any gun control legislation must be to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals or juveniles."

Since there is no legislation which will keep guns out of the hands of criminals, how about instead of concentrating on regulating objects, we regulate the criminals? Senator, if someone commits a crime with a bomb or a hammer, we don't go trying to further regulate bombs and hammers, why would there be a difference if the tool used is a gun? As for juveniles, would it not be better to educate them, much as we do about fire safety (stop, drop, and roll) and medical emergencies (CPR/1st Aid)? Surely if a child can be taught to stop, drop, and roll when he is _on fire_, he can be taught to Stop, Don't Touch, Leave the Area, and Tell an Adult, or better yet, be taught, as happened for many years _in schools_, how to safely handle firearms.

You also wrote (or took responsibility for the phrase: )
    "Throughout my public life, I have opposed legislation that fails to appropriately balance the need to maintain a safe society with the ability of law-abiding Americans to own and use firearms responsibly. I have always supported the Second Amendment and have opposed efforts to impose burdensome regulations on gun-owners. I believe that tough and effective enforcement of existing firearm s laws is the best way to save lives."

Senator Bayh, I'm sorry to remind you that this is not true.
    In 1999, you voted to more strictly regulate the sale of Americans' private property by forcing them to do so via licensed dealers. Once again, if you want to sell your neighbor a hammer, do you need to do so at a hardware store? In 2004 and in 2005, you voted against protecting firearms manufacturers from civil liability for the proper function of their product. Should Ford be responsible any time someone dies or is injured in a car accident or because of the intentional misuse of their product by a criminal? Also in 2005, you voted to require the sale of a lock with a handgun, increasing prices of the latter and encouraging people to be defenseless when they might have the greatest need for their weapon to be accessible.
    These are not the votes that oppose burdensome restrictions and regulations on gun owners, nor do they promote a safe society.
    Where gun ownership increases, even the DOJ and CDC have found violent crime decreases. How can you claim to vote in favor of legal gun owners when your votes indicate otherwise?

"Please be assured, that as gun control legislation is brought before the Senate in the future, I will keep your views in mind."

I hope that you do so with a better record than you have so far shown. You did well with the vote to prohibit confiscation in times of disaster, and as this is the most recent of your votes, I will consider it encouraging for now. I wrote to you, Senator, because you are one of two who are supposed to represent me in the Senate. Sadly, neither you nor Mr. Lugar have displayed sterling pro-Second Amendment records.

noreply@bayh.senate.gov
    To (redacted)
    06/22/07 at 12:10 PM

Dear Mr. (Rights):

Thanks for writing me again. I'm sorry that you didn't find my answer to be satisfactory. I do my best to ensure that your questions are answered fully, even when the issues are complex.

When making a decision, I work to gather as much information as possible and listen to the concerns of all my constituents to make a decision that I think is right. I hope that more often than not, the positions I take are consistent with your views.

On those decisions where we disagree, I hope you will not be discouraged from continuing to contact me. Because, at the end of the day, democracy works best when the people's voices are heard by their representatives. Your view is important to me and your opinion will be fully considered.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I hope that the information I have provided is helpful. My website, http://bayh.senate.gov , can provide additional details about legislation and state projects that may be of interest to you. I value your input and hope you will continue to keep me informed of the issues important to you.

Office of Senator Evan Bayh
    (202) 224-5623
    Russell 463
    Washington, D.C. 20510

It's not that I found his answer unsatisfactory. I did, but not because of anything more or less than the fact that it was a bald-faced lie. I have no use for him, and after this exchange, it would take a great deal of convincing before I would be willing to trust him in office again.

Today's Democratic (sic) Party would have plenty of room for him with the other liars.

Of note: yes, I know some of the GOP lie also. I don't have much use for them (the liars, that is) either.

Blessings,
    Bill

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Bayh was nothing but a leftist slimeball who managed to act conservative enough to take root in Indiana. I seem to recall that his political demise was a product of supporting ObamaCare. I hope the payoff was worth the cost of having a political future. Goodbye and good riddance.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My dad told me, a long time ago: never trust someone that smiles all the time. Bayh and Luger have that quasi-smile on their faces all the time. I think dad was right.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My dad told me, a long time ago: never trust someone that smiles all the time. Bayh and Luger have that quasi-smile on their faces all the time. I think dad was right.

I will agree and add that you shouldn't trust someone like that little MFSB Lugar who can keep that plastic smile on his face while personally insulting you (and I might add that he was insulting me regarding the Second Amendment).

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I'm surprised that anyone here actually thinks this DEMOCRAT is honest. They'll say anything to get elected, and will ban guns if the chance presents itself. Its their party. If this guy became president and had the house and senate he'd pass anything they send to his desk. You really think he'd veto a gun control bill? Come on, have we learned nothing from the democrat party over the years?

I agree, 100% .....

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Wow. Bayh replied to a complaint about a form letter wiith a form letter! That second reply could apply to you disaggreeing with him in anything BOR.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Wow. Bayh replied to a complaint about a form letter wiith a form letter! That second reply could apply to you disaggreeing with him in anything BOR.

Good point. I actually hadn't noticed that it was a generic note, but that only proves my point: The guy had people writing in to call him a liar so often, he had a form letter in place to reply to it!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Good point. I actually hadn't noticed that it was a generic note, but that only proves my point: The guy had people writing in to call him a liar so often, he had a form letter in place to reply to it!

You can tell it's a form letter when it uses hundreds of words to say he disagrees with you, without specifying the points of disagreement. I mean, in the time it takes the staffers to glance over your letter to determine which winded form response is best, they probably could have just hit reply and said, "Senator Bayh disagrees with you on this issue. Have a nice day."

Top Bottom