• edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    It was a deal I could not pass up,

COLT .45 Mk IV Series 80 Officers ACP

I really like it and its in pretty darn good shape.

I would like to know the year it was made, I am guessing early 90's but I am not sure. The serial is FA1xxxx. I looked for places to get dates at Colt online and could not find anything without spending $100.

I do not know the value of it, I have looked and guess it to be anywhere from $300 to $500. It fits my hand great and it is compact like the new agent that I was looking at. I have not fired it yet but will soon.

The neat thing is the excuse I used to get it. I had stockpiled about 175 rounds of .45 ACP and didn't own a 45. So when this came up I told the wife I had to have something that could shoot my ammo. :)

Anyway she was cool with it, and actually likes the feel of it. I even think she will shoot it. Its an all steel gun so she might like it like she did the Baby Eagle in 9mm. She even helped me clean it all up :)

I think the grip is not an original as it says Pachmayr Signature Model from Los Angeles.:dunno:

Colt451911OfficersACP.jpg

Can someone help with with a link to a place to get the manufacturing date? Also if anyone has any experience with this gun let me know about it. I was doing some reading on what I could find and this gun also had a 'lightweight' model at one time that had issues with the barrel spring and such. :ingo:

Also for you 1911 owners, just so you know I had a real *&%% of a time getting it back together. Now that I have done it once, it should be easier next time. I can just imagine the GI's having to do that in the field.:):

:popcorn:

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Nice find. I would venture to say that she is broken in. Nice job on the reassembly also. No "Idiot Mark" from the slide stop. Sorry, I can't help you with the date of manufacture. I am sure that others will.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Ask the guys that stamped the serial number

Try calling Colt Support at:

Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC
    545 New Park Avenue
    West Hartford, CT 06110 USA
    Tel: (860) 236-6311
    Fax: (860) 244-1442

They should be able to help.

PS: Please get new grips. That's like putting re-treads on a Porsche.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Try calling Colt Support at:

Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC
    545 New Park Avenue
    West Hartford, CT 06110 USA
    Tel: (860) 236-6311
    Fax: (860) 244-1442

They should be able to help.

PS: Please get new grips. That's like putting re-treads on a Porsche.

Thanks I will give them a buzz...

ok what deal with these grips? I have never heard of them and I feel like I raped the dog ro something. They dont feel bad nor look bad imho. I will probably get some else later but I have only had it 2 days.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Some folks are revolted by the Pachmayr grip, but since it is your gun, do what you want.

The Officer's Model is somewhat more difficult to disassemble due to the recoil spring plug configuration. By the by, you may want to consider changing the recoil spring plug from the original to something like what Wilson Combat offers. The reason for this is the original recoil spring plug is held by a small extrusion on the plug which may shear off due to recoil.

Re assembly may be also hindered due to the dual recoil springs, in original form. I have had mine changed to a single recoil spring, with a "reverse" plug and guide rod by Wilson Combat. But, the single spring is a 24 lb. spring and is stout. To my knowledge, that is the only "weakness" of the Officer's Model.

I have one, and it shoots well for what it is. If you can read "The Tactical 1911" by Dave Lauck. I don't know if the book is just a large sales brochure for his business or not, but he has good suggestions for the Officer's Model.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The neat thing is the excuse I used to get it. I had stockpiled about 175 rounds of .45 ACP and didn't own a 45. So when this came up I told the wife I had to have something that could shoot my ammo. :)

So lemme get this straight... you had about 3 and a half boxes of ammo...and for that you got to buy a gun that shoots it?
    Oh, man I've GOT to try that!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It was a deal I could not pass up,

COLT .45 Mk IV Series 80 Officers ACP

I really like it and its in pretty darn good shape.

I would like to know the year it was made, I am guessing early 90's but I am not sure. The serial is FA1xxxx. I looked for places to get dates at Colt online and could not find anything without spending $100.

I do not know the value of it, I have looked and guess it to be anywhere from $300 to $500. It fits my hand great and it is compact like the new agent that I was looking at. I have not fired it yet but will soon.

Anyway she was cool with it, and actually likes the feel of it. I even think she will shoot it. Its an all steel gun so she might like it like she did the Baby Eagle in 9mm. She even helped me clean it all up :)

I think the grip is not an original as it says Pachmayr Signature Model from Los Angeles.:dunno:

Colt451911OfficersACP.jpg

Can someone help with with a link to a place to get the manufacturing date? Also if anyone has any experience with this gun let me know about it. I was doing some reading on what I could find and this gun also had a 'lightweight' model at one time that had issues with the barrel spring and such. :ingo:

Also for you 1911 owners, just so you know I had a real *&%% of a time getting it back together. Now that I have done it once, it should be easier next time. I can just imagine the GI's having to do that in the field.:):

:popcorn:

No need to guess the date!

Try this,

Serial Number Data

;) :patriot:

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks I will give them a buzz...

ok what deal with these grips? I have never heard of them and I feel like I raped the dog ro something. They dont feel bad nor look bad imho. I will probably get some else later but I have only had it 2 days.

I guess if you like them, thats all that counts, but I think they look hideous. But thats only my opinion of a gun that I dont own.

I guess im just a fan of more traditional grips on 1911's.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Some people love Pachmayr others hate them. I like them on certain firearms just not on a 1911 they add too much girth to the grip size for me. I have Wilson cocobolo grips on mine I love the rich color and the way they make the gun fit my hand. Also Alumagrips are really awesome although they dont look nearly as good as wood. If your not too far away you are welcome to try my grips on your pistol for feel. There are endless options for grips here are a few links, also I have had good luck with ebay for grips...

Alumagrips - Home
    Compact Size 1911 Grips
    1911 Officers

Top Bottom