• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockman1989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    RANGE COMMANDO?? Never heard that one before. Could someone enlighten me por favor?

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    What I think is funny is trying to estimate the number of people who will read/hear about "that guy" and laugh at him, but don't realize that they are "that guy" too.

Sooner or later most of us are probably "that guy" in some situation, by someone's standards.

All so true, but I will never admit it.:D

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    I am glad that I am not the only one that gets to meet our finest fellow gunowners. Have met a few, same one twice( two different places once at the indoor range in Ft. Wayne two weeks later at a gun show) obnoxious arrogant and loud .If nothing else a good bad example

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    A range commando is sort of an arrogant know it all type. Sometimes he does know his shxt, but is just an anus about it. Most of the time, though, he's more like a virtual gunfighter.

virtual gunfighter 9 up, 1 down get this on a mug
    a poser, combat veteran wannabe. AKA playstation commando, or basement ninja. SOmebody who plays too many video games and thinks that they are a weapons expert. When out of the basement, they can be found spreading misinformation about weapons based on the "information menu" on the game's weapon's menu. They are easy to spot, and use terms like ".308 Lapua Magnum" or they insist that a 9mm will shoot through a block wall.
    Generally the closest these generally harmless folk come to actually shooting a real gun is the gun's AIRSOFT counterpart.
    They have no idea what firearms safety is, have never read the "10 Commandments of Range Safety, and when they reach 21, the first thing they buy is a Glock 19 with a laser. They are often suprised that the laser is an aiming device, not a guidance system for the bullet.
    When corrected, their reactions can be anything from mild embarrassment to a militant rage.
    Fun to watch at gunshows when they fondle a real gun and are amazed that it is so heavy.

That virtual gunfighter just shot himself in the foot, better call 911.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    This is why I assume a different persona when shooting at public ranges.

I become Unrecognizable Man.... a shooting hero with no means of identification. No hat logo, no printed tee shirt, no ties to my true identity.... Nothing-Special-Here Man.
    This helps keep me humble and cuts down on the number of autographs I am asked to sign.;)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Dryden, Is that you? Why, I've seen you dozens of times and didn't know it! You almost never wear the same FACE even! You mind your own business, seem to have a clue, shoot well most of the time, are friendly and helpful but not nibby... UNRECOGNIZABLE MAN!! Who'da thunk it?
    RM THANKS!
    Definition of VC by wickipedia....

Top Bottom