• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    GD, coyotes in the back yard, dogs going crazy. I heard the mom cows bawling, Still dark, wasted two buck shot shells and two defense 38’s. I’m gonna kill those ********.
    Got 4 late calves out there. I’m setting foot holds tomorrow, GD things. I just got to sleep. Going back to bed if I can settle down. I’m thinking a good shot of bourbon.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    GD, coyotes in the back yard, dogs going crazy. I heard the mom cows bawling, Still dark, wasted two buck shot shells and two defense 38’s. I’m gonna kill those ********.
    Got 4 late calves out there. I’m setting foot holds tomorrow, GD things. I just got to sleep. Going back to bed if I can settle down. I’m thinking a good shot of bourbon.

So, you're up now......

If you're up for more than 4 hours, call your doctor.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    All right, slept, dozed in the recliner all day after chores. Got coffee thermos 2 pump guns loaded with #4 shot, a whole box of shells. Red lenses on the Nite Lite, bats fully charged. A extra bag of Red Man. Set a dozen foot holds. Heading out now on the golf cart, it’s super quiet. Gonna sit out there as long as I can stay awake. If I miss mass god will have to forgive me. I’m on a mission. Leaving the morons in the house. I’m gonna kill those bastages.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    All right, slept, dozed in the recliner all day after chores. Got coffee thermos 2 pump guns loaded with #4 shot, a whole box of shells. Red lenses on the Nite Lite, bats fully charged. A extra bag of Red Man. Set a dozen foot holds. Heading out now on the golf cart, it’s super quiet. Gonna sit out there as long as I can stay awake. If I miss mass god will have to forgive me. I’m on a mission. Leaving the morons in the house. I’m gonna kill those bastages.
    You need thermal!
    And a call, then it’s all on your terms, not theirs.
    You call em in when you feel like it, or want to. And they just can’t help but get made dead.

ETA; good luck!

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    You need thermal!
    And a call, then it’s all on your terms, not theirs.
    You call em in when you feel like it, or want to. And they just can’t help but get made dead.
    I think you’re correct, I’ll shout to you later about therm. I need to learn. But I’m walking out rite now, as soon as I go unload this last bunch of coffee. Later folks.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I think you’re correct, I’ll shout to you later about therm. I need to learn. But I’m walking out rite now, as soon as I go unload this last bunch of coffee. Later folks.
    Best of luck on a successful hunt!

Last edited:

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    OK, heading out one more time. Think I scared em off for a while. 1 dead by shot gun, a young female pup. Think I stung 2 down in the open ditch to my west. Heard one or two yelp after the shot, I couldn’t walk down there. 1 an older male in a foot hold at sunrise across the county road. He met his end by my old H&R trap line 22.

As I walked out I passed my old kit bag hanging in the mud room that had a half dozen old reed calls on an old boot lace, after thinking about what @ditcherman said I grabbed them. A few Olt n Weems calls. That did the trick.

When I went out I could hear them to my South, but my wind was going that way. So I blew a few fawn bleats. Then they lit up all around me. I made some sounds that sounded like something beating a rabbit with a stick and here they came. That’s when I got the shot in the open ditch.

At sunrise I headed across the paved road and found the old male in a foot hold where the doe’s yard up in the winter, a sent post set 3 rows into a bean field.

The two dead ones are hanging on a fence post and a tree, I want their buddies to know they are not welcome. I’ll let you know what happens tonight. Got coffee n the wife made me a couple ham sandwiches. Got chew, shells, and thinking about those calves. Type to INGO tomorrow.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Put a good beating on them. We have to about every two to three years and have taken out 6 to 8 before they stop causing issues.

Weird thing is as long as I see the local red fox running in the field or a couple other hot spots I don't have coyote issues. As soon as I stop seeing the fox I have to thin out the coyotes.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I’ll shout to you later about therm
    ATN Thor LT. Wouldn't go below 320x240 sensor resolution, so still over $1,000, but don't waste your money on that "Smart" scope stuff unless you want those bells and whistles, liking recording shots through the scope. Are there better thermal scopes? Heck yeah there are, but for a basic coyote rifle, a 320 Thor LT is hard to beat.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    IMG_0320.JPGIMG_0318.JPG
    Comparison between Analog Night Vision and Thermal of the same deer, though keep in mind the NV is 1x magnification while the thermal was set to 10x at the time. They both are also much clearer IRL as my iphone did not want to focus on the picture.

Top Bottom