Well folks, looks like we are all wrong about the health care bill.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    By Susan Page, USA TODAY
    WASHINGTON — More Americans now favor than oppose the health care overhaul that President Obama signed into law Tuesday, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds — a notable turnaround from surveys before the vote that showed a plurality against the legislation.

By 49%-40%, those polled say it was "a good thing" rather than a bad one that Congress passed the bill. Half describe their reaction in positive terms — as "enthusiastic" or "pleased" — while about four in 10 describe it in negative ways, as "disappointed" or "angry."

The largest single group, 48%, calls the legislation "a good first step" that needs to be followed by more action. And 4% say the bill itself makes the most important changes needed in the nation's health care system.

"After a century of striving, after a year of debate, after a historic vote, health care reform is no longer an unmet promise," Obama declared in a celebration at the Interior Department auditorium with members of Congress, leaders of advocacy groups and citizens whose personal stories were cited during the debate. "It is the law of the land."

To be sure, the nation remains divided about the massive legislation that narrowly passed the House late Sunday. Minutes after Obama signed the bill in the East Room, attorneys general from 13 states — led by Bill McCollum of Florida — sued to block the law as unconstitutional. Virginia filed separately.

Nearly one-third of those surveyed, 31%, say the bill makes "the wrong types of changes," and 8% say the health care system doesn't need reform.

The poll of 1,005 adults Monday has a margin of error of +/—4 percentage points.

The findings show receptive terrain as the White House launches efforts to sell the plan, including a trip by Obama to Iowa on Thursday. "The political tides shifted with passage of the bill," White House communications director Dan Pfeiffer says. "It's easy to demonize something large and complex in theory; harder when it becomes law."

No one gets overwhelmingly positive ratings on the issue, but Obama fares the best: 46% say his work has been excellent or good; 31% call it poor. For congressional Democrats, 32% call their efforts on health care excellent or good; 33% poor.

Congressional Republicans, all of whom voted against the bill, are viewed more negatively. Although 26% of those surveyed rate the GOP's effort as excellent or good, 34% say it has been poor.

Republicans vow to stall a final package of fixes to the bill now being debated in the Senate.

In the new USA TODAY survey and one taken a month ago, the biggest shift toward support of the bill was among low-income Americans, minorities and those under 40. That has created a yawning age divide: A solid majority of seniors oppose the bill; a solid majority of those younger than 40 favor it.

Link

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    What do you want to bet a bit of "fabrication" is involved? (Such as a "memo" from the Obama people)

No, people aren't going to suddenly approve of the dictatorial mandate just because it was passed. Especially since so many bribes, etc. were involved.

It's bull!

(Make people believe that "everyone" else is happy with it in order to make the majority [who STILL DON'T approve] think that they are the only ones who aren't "smart enough" to support it.)

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    This whole health care thing is driving me crazy. I cant sleep. Thinking about what our government is going shove down our throats next. I cant believe there is not a way to stop this. What is it going to take for the government to start listening to the people? We voted these clowns into office to do the will of the people and they are not listening. I dont believe the the american people can stand to much more. This country is broke and is breaking the will of the of the people. I have thought and prayed about it. And still cant get it out of my heart and my mined. I must be going nuts. Still awake at 0345 in the mourning. I cant believe our government is doing this to our country. I guess I'll try to get some sleep if I can get it off of my mined. But I aint going to count on it.

Top Bottom