• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Dad had to do the can trick with every technique he learned from Papa Stick, Mig, Tig, O2Acet, etc, etc...

Dad said the hardest part was making the can hold the right 12 ounces...

One of the funniest things I seen my Dad do we were playing Mill Wright in a Union Factory, and the Union Welders found out how much my Dad was making an hour and started giving them grief over it. Dad went and pulled a peice of .013 SS out of the scrap and picked up his stick welder and wrote his name on it as pretty as if he had used a pen...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Welding at the high levels we are speaking of takes time and god given talent. I can not do the pop can but I can make a set of headers for an Indy car. I have made intake manifolds for drag cars from .065 aluminum sheet. I have assisted in gas welding an aluminum bike frame back together after being crashed. I have made all the swing arms for my bikes when I stretched them or put a Way to big tire on my Harley.
    I was lucky enough to be involved with racing at the professional level and be around people who could weld air to water. Just a pun but these guys were NASA level welders.
    I could stick, mig and tig before but after watching and learning from them my skills are much better for it. I do not get under the hood much these days but can still do the work.

Top Bottom