• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Being from Illinois he should be used to pricing like that.

He's actually from Chicago, so there was never a need/ability to purchase a gun. When he heard how much he could paid for a LNIB HK, Sig, or XD, compared to what he paid, he was a little upset. But, I doubt he will ever make that choice again.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    But wait... I thought he didn't like to make money, he just likes to sell guns... How can he afford that if he doesn't make money? Did he lie to me? :puke:

He said he didn't "wanna' make any money." He likes to make money very much! :D

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My wife and I went to Don's last fall just to check it out. There were all these handguns in a case painted all kinds of different colors. I wondered "Who would want a gun painted up like that?" Of course, it didn't take long to figure it out.
    I felt sorry for the guns. . .

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    He's actually from Chicago, so there was never a need/ability to purchase a gun. When he heard how much he could paid for a LNIB HK, Sig, or XD, compared to what he paid, he was a little upset. But, I doubt he will ever make that choice again.

Yeah, I'm a former Crook County resident myself so I know his pain. Just making a light joke of how people in Chicago, my former self included, overpay for everything.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Sorry to hear he got taken advantage of. Make sure he knows about the better shops around the Indy area. Plainfield shooting supplies, Bradis, Fort Liberty, Century 21, Beach-grove...
    Seriously? It's Beech Grove. It's two words. It's spelled Beech. It's my home, get it right. You should know better, you live next door in Indianapolis.

Rabÿros

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Zionsville
    I've been to dons a few times. The prices are ridiculous. I remember a Hi Point 9mm for around $500 and a Ruger LCP and LCR for $600 each. I went with a friend one time to use the range, since he didn't have a gun he thought about renting a 1911...I forget exactly how much it was but it with rental, ammo, protection, and range time it was about $100. We just left.

I'm ashamed to admit that I have used the range a few times and bought an IWB holster there.:facepalm:
    I won't be going back even if it means driving a little farther to Pop Guns

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    HMMM...You would think that they would at least entertain the thought.....That may have been the first interaction that man had with a gun salesman...That impression will last forever POOR GUY

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    :):

DonDavis002.jpg

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    2 years ago I went to the drags at Muncie and saw this car.

don.jpg

I have heard a lot about Don's guns but have never been in the store. After meeting him that day I can say that I have no desire to even check out the store.

if I ever see that car at the dragstrip and verify its him, I'll load the exhaust with golfballs, place $5 worth of nails around it, and idk what else

edg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    1 o'clock on the 465 dial
    Moved here from NW IN nearly 20 yrs ago. I have driven by Dons but just something creepy about the guy and never have. So what do we do about this? Introduce someone to the sport/sickness we have. Take 'em to the range, teach them safety first and foremost and have fun. I don't know how old the man is, but he will retire one day.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hey Yamaha, I hope I never see him at any of the drag strips I run at. If he ever walks into my pit area I will certainly be chasing him off. I don't want any part of the likes of him or his cronies. You know they used to call him Teflon Don..I don't know about Teflon but he's slimier than hot chicken fat on a door knob.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    haha, we went to Don's a few times right after we moved here, just for the range. it seemed kinda sketch, and as the LSM got worse, Don's got sketchier and more expensive. I'll only go in there to look at a gun that they may not have at another store or to look at one close to home before I drive down to Bradis or somewhere else to get the same model.

Top Bottom