• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I met a guy (from Illinois) through a friend, who told him that I shoot at the range. He had always been interested in owning a gun, but before I could connect with the guy, he went to Don's and bought a Bersa 9mm. He paid close to $500 for the gun! Now, this is what else he got with the "Don's New Shooter Package":

1. Pro Tech Holster, normally $20, but he paid $50
    2. 1 box of 9mm Luger, normally $10, but he paid $40
    3. 1-hour long beginners class taught by his salesperson, $50 (He didn't learn any of the basic safety techniques, but he showed him -- incorrectly -- how to pull the pistol from the holster when rushed by an assailant; and they didn't teach him how to acquire and shoot his target!)
    4. $2 off of his range time that usually costs around $35, including the target(s)

ALSO, he was told by his salesperson that it was fine to take the gun to the range without a LTCH, as long as the rounds and the pistol are kept separate in the car.

He will be joining us on INGO at some point, but he now knows to stay away from Don's!

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    baconlube.jpg

Sorry to hear he got taken advantage of. Make sure he knows about the better shops around the Indy area. Plainfield shooting supplies, Bradis, Fort Liberty, Century 21, Beach-grove...

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    That's just amazing that Don's can get away with that. It's disgusting. You guys should protest with signs and stores should make informative tv ads. I'm actually surprised more stores don't advertise. I guess they may not think there is an audience, but ignorant customers seeing tv ads has to be the only thing keeping Don's open.

Clearwat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    The family and I ran into Don two weekends ago at Sam's Club on the west side. He had a gal with him that looked straight out of the 1980's with some jeans that were about to burst at the seams :noway:

Thought about trying to get a cell phone pic for a DON SIGHTING on INGO. Oh yeah, he was shopping for Laffy Taffy without a cart, and was sporting a "Don's Guns" shirt!

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    2 years ago I went to the drags at Muncie and saw this car.

don.jpg

I have heard a lot about Don's guns but have never been in the store. After meeting him that day I can say that I have no desire to even check out the store.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Buyer beware! ... an expensive lesson in doing some research before making a major purchase. Hopefully your friend learned from this mistake.

Yeah, he learned his lesson. I'll get him to a reputable store when I get back.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    I saw Don broke down in his Mercedes up on I-465 (up on the NW curve), leaning on the back of his car with all his gold "bling" dangling around his neck. I never even considered stopping to assist.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I met a guy (from Illinois) through a friend

:scratch: I'm a little confused by the way you worded this, but is the guy that bought the gun, a resident of IL? If so, he made an illegal purchase by buying a handgun in IN unless he is having it transferred and shipped to an FFL in IL.

ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wow, never going to Dons guns!!! I had planned at some point on stopping buy just to look and see what this place really was. I'm not even gonna put a car in his parking lot, don't wanna encourage people who don't know any better that it maybe a good place to buy a gun.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i was in there once and this woman brought in a seafoam green junk gun she bought the week before. she said she needed to return it. the salesman said he couldnt refund the money, but he would buy the gun for $30. :laugh: the look on her face....

he also reiterated the "separate the ammo and gun" myth. the scariest part was when she said it wasnt loaded, but a round fell out when the salesguy racked the slide. :n00b:

JusAdSumBellum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Central IN
    About every six months I find my self in this hell hole. I tends to begin with a boring day needing some chuckles.

My visits always end the same way, me very pissed off.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    :scratch: I'm a little confused by the way you worded this, but is the guy that bought the gun, a resident of IL? If so, he made an illegal purchase by buying a handgun in IN unless he is having it transferred and shipped to an FFL in IL.

I second this. You may have experienced an illegal action, unless the Illinios guy JUST MOVED to Indy? Disposable no like bad medicine...

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    2 years ago I went to the drags at Muncie and saw this car.

don.jpg

I have heard a lot about Don's guns but have never been in the store. After meeting him that day I can say that I have no desire to even check out the store.
    But wait... I thought he didn't like to make money, he just likes to sell guns... How can he afford that if he doesn't make money? Did he lie to me? :puke:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

He's an Indiana resident.

Top Bottom