• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Red-highlighted words that I would have never expected to hear in the same conversation.:lmfao:

Haha...I hadn't checked back in on this thread in a few days. YES, clarinet and hard-core can go together (or that's what us music geeks will keep telling ourselves...)!

And no worries, I can take the heat. When you've spent as much time being a geek as I have, you get used to it. I actually just told a couple of my music geek friends last week that I'm going to take up competition shooting, and they looked at me like I'd just grown a second head. I should start some sort of competition with clarinet playing alternated with shooting...something like the biathlon in the olympics!

grumpe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    whiteland
    Other than guns, we have two Harley Davidson's. 1974 & 1975. Old bikes that break down a lot! Costs a lot too. Oh- smokingman also like to do the balancing act with his garbage. You know-see how high you can pile it before it falls. At least that's a cheap hobby. :whistle:

Lastshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    United States of Merica
    I pump out porta pottys at work. I have a hobby of collecting things I find in there, have a whole display case of baseball caps, flashlights, keys, etc. Its a great hobby! One time I found an unopened beer can and it was full! Man that HAD to be the best beer, it was hot that day too and the boss dont mind if we drink a bit on the job, as long as we dont git drunk!... :yesway:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Other than guns, we have two Harley Davidson's. 1974 & 1975. Old bikes that break down a lot! Costs a lot too. Oh- smokingman also like to do the balancing act with his garbage. You know-see how high you can pile it before it falls. At least that's a cheap hobby. :whistle:
    The balancing of garbage is not a hobby but a skill.A skill honed through years of practice! There have been many failures along the way,but if you keep at it soon you can double the capacity of any trash can :D
    *I was going to put something in here about Grumpe's hobbies....but decided I value my life.Just an FYI for those who did not know Grumpe is my fiance,and the most beautiful wonderful woman in the entire world !

She buys more guns and ammo than I do :rockwoot:

Lastshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    United States of Merica
    I'm doing a full down to bare metal and back restore on a Turbo 300zx. Far too much money that will never be returned, but it's a sickness.

I collect early 80s children's toys. Gi Joes/Transformers/Voltron

Other than that it's general tons of Mountain Biking, exercising and some camping. I work in telecom and have been breaking and fixing computers since I was 10.

your right about that, you never get your money back, but you end up with somehting that money cant buy!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I really want to learn the art of facekicking. I could use it on a daily basis.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'd like to get into falconry.

I mean, who wouldn't want to walk around with a bird of prey on your arm?:D

My folks' pastor used to do that. He and I went rabbit hunting one day. THAT was fun.

Was a big female Red Tail Hawk.

She had a few hits, but zero bunnies. Bummer.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Some people have a hobby of collecting things. Well, so do I. But the thing I collect is hobbies. I start a hobby, continue with it until I get to the point where I can say "I can do this reasonably well and even show others how to do it" then move on to something else just occasionally getting back to the older hobby to "keep my hand in".

Some hobbies in my "collection":

carpentry
    primitive bow making
    Electronics (as in building things like simple radio sets and the like)
    archery
    shooting (of course)
    fishing
    canoeing
    card weaving
    "period" fencing (as opposed to modern sport fencing)
    flint knapping
    Chemistry (had a chemistry set before they became unPC)
    trapping
    autocross
    tumbling
    writing (fiction and journalism--made money at it but not enough to really call it a "job")

and the current one being acquired--knitting.

Plans for the near-medium future:
    crochet.
    primitive yarn spinning (drop spindle, maybe spinning wheel)
    blacksmithing
    gunsmithing (to the point of starting with bars and blocks of metal and ending up with something like a bolt-action rifle).

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    My passion is motorcycles. Very surreal to go 160mph and drop a couple of gears and countersteer into a turn with positive camber and oh so delicately raise the RPM's and feel the bike pull you out of the turn mid corner grab a gear and do it all again.
    01397_MCADX_062809Large.jpg

02032_MCADX_062809Large.jpg

04049_MCADX_063009Large.jpg

04050_MCADX_063009Large.jpg

04089_MCADX_063009Large.jpg

But there is this crash thing when you don't apply the throttle correctly.

this one cost me about $10k

03648_Grattan_CK_062805EDITED.jpg

Dscn0878.jpg

Dscn0876.jpg

Dscn0872.jpg

Dscn0868.jpg

But then there is the issue of buying and selling tires.
    IMG00530.jpg

And I do paint and body work as well.
    DSCN2797.jpg

DSCN3321.jpg

IMG00428.jpg

IMG00429.jpg

IMG00430.jpg

tank.jpg

Dscn1514.jpg

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    My passion is motorcycles. Very surreal to go 160mph and drop a couple of gears and countersteer into a turn with positive camber and oh so delicately raise the RPM's and feel the bike pull you out of the turn mid corner grab a gear and do it all again.

Cool.

So what kind of condition are your collarbones in? ;)

I once looked to add motorcycle racing to my "collection" but the problem was $$$. Now it's one of those "man I wish..." things.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Cool.

So what kind of condition are your collarbones in? ;)

I once looked to add motorcycle racing to my "collection" but the problem was $$$. Now it's one of those "man I wish..." things.

Collarbones are fine. T9 & T 12 are about 1 inch shorter, 5 bones in my wrist are shattered,
    4 broken ribs, ankles were bruised, and an *** bruise. <------click if you dare. :D

Wanna buy the yellow bike?

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    I collect and hunt Indian artifacts,deer antler sheds and fossils.I also play guitar and read just about anything I can get my hands on.

Top Bottom