Wear that full body harness at all times...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    C10621DB-CF40-4604-833A-A1A321556179_zpsgr8tnrwy.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Ladders and Hang Ons..........no climbers for this guy.

I am with you hookeye! I've never used a climber and I don't really care to!

The message applies to ALL tree-stand types irrelevant to how it works. You can fall, you can even die. A friend of mine died a few years ago using a hang-on and fixed ladder sections when he slipped and fell while climbing up the ladder.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The message applies to ALL tree-stand types irrelevant to how it works. You can fall, you can even die. A friend of mine died a few years ago using a hang-on and fixed ladder sections when he slipped and fell while climbing up the ladder.

Wow very sorry to hear that!

I do hunt in a ladder stand but most of my hunting is how down out of a 4x4 posted enclosed tree house with window etc. (house on stilts) Could maybe find a way to harness up the ladder but I fell when building and was ok, think it may be more hassle than it's worth honestly.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    A line from the harness, prusik knotted to a climbing rope that is fixed above the box or stand and anchored to the ground, works for about anything and is easy to manage while going up a ladder.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    I work with a guy who had a lock on fail, it broke while he was hunting, no safety harness, broke his back a bunch of ribs, punctured lung, had to crawl back to his truck, was off work for over 2 years , I never wore a safety harness until that happened to him, now I wear one in a ladder stand just because it can happen to anyone.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    The one part I hate about my ladder stand is the first climb up to put the ratchet strap around the tree and seat. I always attach the stabilizer bar from about mid point on the ladder to the tree. The straps that go from the seat and around the tree to the ladder I pull as tight as I can. But I still don't feel great about that first climb up the ladder. Does anyone have any other methods to make the stand more stable for the climb up to attach the ratchet strap?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom