• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilbur352

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Valparaiso, IN
    The company I work for has a no weapons on company property policy. I thought there might be a change with the new Indiana law, but there has be no mention.

Anyone with simular circumstances?

nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    Isn't there a new law that your employer can't prohibit you from keeping them locked up in your car in the parking lot?

I live in MO so I didn't pay super close attention to whether it passed or not.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Company can have any policy they want. Most companies, though, can no longer fire you for having a gun locked in your car.

There's nothing saying they can't fire you "just because," though. Discretion would be a good idea at such places, or finding a job with a better company when the chance presents itself.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Or don't talk about it, if its locked in your vehicle out of sight and mind, they probably wont ever know about until either you or someone else tells about it or if you bring it out into plain sight for whatever reason.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Corp. policy hasn't changed here - still not allowed. I doubt they know about the new law. The parking lot is a gray area (owned by the leasing company, not my employer), but what they don't know can't hurt me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I think the law only pertains to public access parking lots or buildings, like shopping malls or other public parking and buildings where there is commercial business taking place. So for instance, if it were a company like AT&T, they probably do not allow firearms on company property and they can enforce it because the buildings are private and their parking lots are probably private as well. They provide service but most buildings do not engage in direct commercial business with the consumer. Store in a mall can probably prohibit their employees from carrying firearms in their store, but the parking lot is public and so they cannot enforce the policy there. Nor can they enforce the customers from carrying a weapon into the store as it is a public place (anyone can walk in).

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Since this was brought up. . . .the new law went into affect on July 1. The media has been uncharacteristically quiet about all of the mass shootings and general hysteria that has occured as a result of everybody packing heat at work.

Wut up wit dat???:dunno:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    This got brought up at work the other day and my company operates out of a privatley owned building/lot that we lease office space out of.

I need to look in the handbook and see what it says but with all the pro gun people here nothing would suprise me (notice me being carefull on what I say).

One guy I work with a little said the way he see's it he or she does not care even if you carry at work...... out of sight out of mind keep your mouth shut type deal.

I know there is nothing in the policy stating that the building onwer says no to it.. Ill try and remember to look into it soon. Like said above they will just find another reason to fire you.

Top Bottom