• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I just love people.

Today we got a note from animal control saying that neighbors have complained about our chickens.

Except we do not have any. We got rid of them a week ago.

So now our neighbors, who declined signing a release, are now hearing chickens when there aren't any and calling animal control to complain.

Just great...
    :xmad:

Lots of houses for sale and rent out in the county my friend. I can't speak for everywhere, but my neighbors let their dogs run, burn stuff that would be a no no in town and shoot guns as they choose. Just sayin'.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Now that proves that they weren't really bothered by them to begin with... Them's some crappy neighbors.

I just love people.

Today we got a note from animal control saying that neighbors have complained about our chickens.

So now our neighbors, who declined signing a release, are now hearing chickens when there aren't any and calling animal control to complain.

Just great...

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    We put eggs in the incubator several weeks ago. They should be hatching in the next few days. Probably sunday or monday. Last year we didn't get a good hatch. Only 8 chicks out of 48 eggs. Hope we do better this year. When we candled the eggs a couple weeks ago it looked like we should get a good hatch this time. We now have the auto egg turner out of the incubator and the eggs are ready for hatching.
    DSC_7481web.jpg

DSC_7483web.jpg

DSC_7482web.jpg

We haven't been getting many of the brown eggs from our Araucana hens. I hope I have chicks to show in a few days. IF I wasn't lazy I would set a webcam up and then you could watch them hatch. :D

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Lots of houses for sale and rent out in the county my friend. I can't speak for everywhere, but my neighbors let their dogs run, burn stuff that would be a no no in town and shoot guns as they choose. Just sayin'.

Been saying so for years to a wife who could never grasp what I was saying. She is getting more and more understanding as we move along here...

Slow and steady.

Thirty30

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Wow I got 2 chickens from Tractor supply just 2-3 weeks ago. Fun little critters, but I can't stop thinking about a six piece every time I'm around them!:dunno:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Been saying so for years to a wife who could never grasp what I was saying. She is getting more and more understanding as we move along here...

Slow and steady.

Well, since my stepfather just died, in a few months we'll have a nice rural property for rent (or even sale) just over the Owen Co. line, already set up for small livestock :)

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    I just love people.

Just great...

i think i hear them beating their children, you'd better call CPS.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Well, since my stepfather just died, in a few months we'll have a nice rural property for rent (or even sale) just over the Owen Co. line, already set up for small livestock :)

Sorry to hear about your stepdad, there are days I wish we had waited to buy property in Owen county instead of here in Morgan County, oh well maybe in the next year or two we can sell this place and buy a place with more land.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    My neighbor called on dog once, she would agravate him while working in her flower beds. :dunno: NOW, when she is working in her flower beds, she gets to listen to ME, :D I practice with my turkey calls, coyote yelps, REALLLLY bad goose call. That turkey call sends her over the edge most of the time.:rockwoot: :patriot: Don

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    tech, sorry to hear the bad news. better luck next time. i haven't had a chance to catch up with ingo lately due to work. i took my ducks out to the pond a week and a half ago. they're doing great. went to see them the other day and they had gotten even bigger. the kids were tore up when we took them out to the pond, but they understand. they were glad to see them doing well and hanging out. the ducks had gotten so big i had been getting concerned that my jackarse neighbors were gonna call the town. they made quite a racket the other day when the water bucket had spilled. oh well, someday i'll live out in the wild free country and i will be able to keep whatever the hell i wanna in my yard.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom