We Gun Owners Are Often Our Own Worst Enemy....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Common decency.

There was once a time, I remember being raised with it drilled into my head, where if I were driving, walking, riding down the road and noticed I was holding up traffic, my reaction would be to pull over and allow the drivers behind me to pass and be on their way. It's nothing personal. Drive or ride however you want. But if you see some folks behind you, exercise a little common decency. (same for us drivers wanting to pass).

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    God I hate these spandex bikers. "Lance" needs to take his "Tour de France" back to the Monon where it belongs. Indiana's roadways are not engineered for this level of tomfoolery.

jazzy1993

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Lake County
    Correct, they should stop at stop signs and stop lights as well. I do not agree with the person on the bike shooting, but I agree with others that although the cyclists share the road with us, they do not follow the same rules as we do. Too often they are not following the rules of the road, but expect vehicles to adjust to them.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Two idiots don't make a right.. too bad they didn't kill one another, the story would be much more interesting.

Bikes have the same rights to be on the road that cars do.

Most people who ride bicycles know this, but not every driver knows this or even understands this.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Does that mean that that bicycles should have to display a slow moving vehicle placard when they are incapable of maintaining the posted speed limit?

Except one on their bicycle can outrun a electric wheelchair

Two idiots don't make a right.. too bad they didn't kill one another, the story would be much more interesting.

Most people who ride bicycles know this, but not every driver knows this or even understands this.

I concur

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    Sideview mirrors are really easy to smash, and really expensive to fix. No reason at all for drawing the gun, just ride on by and smash the mirror. Or key the side of that car, that would be pretty easy to.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Sideview mirrors are really easy to smash, and really expensive to fix. No reason at all for drawing the gun, just ride on by and smash the mirror. Or key the side of that car, that would be pretty easy to.

Certainly the driver wouldn't mind that at all, and the situation wouldn't escalate!

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    I know the driver's room mate. He was struck by a 45 that went through the seat. It didn't break the skin, but it left a nasty bruise.
    526726_10150729752349370_504404369_9930736_2011157056_n.jpg

Another slug passed above his head and imbedded in the visor. Guy is really lucky to be alive, if you ask me. I bet he'll be giving bicycles a wide berth when he passes from now on.
    The strange thing is that the police couldn't find this guy...how do you lose a gunman on a bicycle?

Last edited:

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Some years back a cyclist flew out of a side street onto HWY 45 and I had to veer into someones yard to miss him, plowing into a bush in the process. He looked at me and flipped me off. If there had been a rock nearby, I would have brained him with it! :xmad:

Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    I have travled through areas with many traffic lights and had to pass the same bicycle 3 times because the cycliest would go to the front of the line at each red light. Some of these bikers only folow the rules that benefit them.
    As far as the driver hitting his brakes, that does't warrent putting a bullet through his back window.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Correct, they should stop at stop signs and stop lights as well. I do not agree with the person on the bike shooting, but I agree with others that although the cyclists share the road with us, they do not follow the same rules as we do. Too often they are not following the rules of the road, but expect vehicles to adjust to them.

I agree. In the Butler/Broad Ripple area there are a lot of cyclist. Some are decent and considerate to automobile traffic and others are just jerks. They will ride in the middle of the lane instead of towards the right, don't stop for stop signs or lights and get mad at you if you want to pass them. What made it all worse is that the city took already congested 4 lane streets and took 2 lanes away to make bike lanes and a center turn lane. Some of these streets rarely have any bikes on them at all or very few. Sometimes, like near 38th/Illinois, your lane just disappears b/c of the added bike lanes. I ride a bike and try to be a considerate cyclist and not interfere with motorized traffic but unfortunately I'm in the minority around here.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Share the road means share the road.

Cars aren't supposed to pass bikes, they are supposed to treat them like any other vehicle.

If I saw backup lights heading towards me, I'd probably send one threw the back window too!

Read... or go RE-READ the drivers manual again if you don't know the current driving laws....

http://www.in.gov/bmv/files/Drivers_Manual_Chapter_5.pdf

page 71

Yes, we are supposed to share the road. What people complain about are cyclists who have no common courtesy and ride in the middle of the road. When I ride my bike on the road I stay to the far right, unless turning left, to give people room to go around without trouble. Also, your post makes me wonder if your one of those guys with blinking lights on your van and a "slow" sign in the back window who follow cyclists down the road with water and food. Because if you seriously don't pass bicycles on the road unless you're in a passing zone then wouldn't make it anywhere soon where I live. Would I ever pass a cyclist in a no pass zone if I felt it could endanger them? No. But, trust me when I say that any sane person wouldn't stay behind a bicycle longer than they had to. Someone trying to back into me and run me over... first i'd try to get out of the way but if he kept coming then the gun comes out. Is that what happened? No. How would that cyclist know whether the guy was break checking him or a dog just ran into the road? No reason to pull a gun over non-sense like that ever. Both parties were incredibly wrong in this situation.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I know the driver's room mate. He was struck by a 45 that went through the seat. It didn't break the skin, but it left a nasty bruise.
    526726_10150729752349370_504404369_9930736_2011157056_n.jpg

Another slug passed above his head and imbedded in the visor. Guy is really lucky to be alive, if you ask me. I bet he'll be giving bicycles a wide berth when he passes from now on.
    The strange thing is that the police couldn't find this guy...how do you lose a gunman on a bicycle?

Looks like the skin broke through imho

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Wow, we have another magic bullet even more magical than the Kennedy bullet.

The bullet went through the windshield, then through the back window, then though the driver’s seat, and then finally struck the driver in the shoulder.

Top Bottom