• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    well i am not a fan of traveling very far, and if i can find them for 14.99 a gallon that would be worth my time... i think i will be stopping by lowes and home depot tomorrow and calling granger on monday

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    :D
    while you might be onto something as i have heard the same things before... the wd40 thing is PROVEN, and i dont want to try and blaze my own trail at this time.... just looking for the most economical way to expan my business.

Yeah, it probably wouldn't save you any money either. I love the WD-40! Good luck and let us know how it works out!:ingo:

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    Indy, I didn't read all the posts, but most automotive stores carry wd-40

in 1 Gal. and farm stores ( Orshlen ).

Hope this helps.

Mike

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I did check it out, and i found several research papers written on it... and yes, the main solvent in wd 40 is a kerosean like substance, however it also has other lubricating ingredients and incredients to help it LUBRICATE and absorb into the metal... plain kerosean would have degreasing effect which is the OPPOSITE of what i want.... when the wd 40 solvents evaporate off it will still leave behind residue that will continue to fight the corrosion process....

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Comparing the Grainger price for 5 gallons, to the other prices for 1 gallon, your best best is to get 1 gallon cans instead.

Also, don't overlook the fact that a lot of these place may be able to get the 5 gallon. I would ask at Lowe's or other similar stores. Maybe also try an auto parts store to see if they can get the 5 gallon cans in. They can get a lot of things that aren't stocked at the stores.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i agree.. i did the math for lowes and HD 1 gallon cans. and it came out to be around 80.... the cheapest price for 5 gallons i saw online even before shipping was 90.

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    if you are still looking try wholesale tool on hana ave. just off of 31. was there a few weeks ago and they had it then.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Why do old thread always have to get bumped?
    not_this_****_again.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    maybe someone is still trying to be helpful. better yet why do some people waste time asking why?
    I'm pretty sure Napa was suggested back on page 1 or 2, so the person that bumped this didn't add anything to the thread, rather, all he did was bring it back to the top.

Why ask why? Because if nobody complains about old threads getting bumped with useless posts then the useless bumping will never stop.

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    I'm pretty sure Napa was suggested back on page 1 or 2, so the person that bumped this didn't add anything to the thread, rather, all he did was bring it back to the top.

Why ask why? Because if nobody complains about old threads getting bumped with useless posts then the useless bumping will never stop.
    +1 i'm sure he got some wd40 over the last few months and if he didnt he would have asked for more help.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    +1 i'm sure he got some wd40 over the last few months and if he didnt he would have asked for more help.

you would be correct.... all the 5 gallon prices ended up being more expensive or two far to drive..... i purchased 5 1 gallon cans, and it works great....

now time for this thread to go by the wayside... again.

Top Bottom