• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Looking for the 5 gallon cans of WD 40 that i can pick up locally w/out paying redicoulous shipping as well as supporting a local business. getting closer to my bluing set up being completed and brownells water displacing oil runs 300 dollars per 5 gallons w/ about 80 dollars shipping to add on top.... have read wd 40 works just as well except doesnt leave behind a waxy coating....

anybody know where this can be found? surely somewhere in or near marion county stocks it.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    mineral spirits is more of a good degreasers... i am going for the opposite effect... it needs to completely displace water AND stop the corrosion process... i dont believe mineral spirits will quite work, although its what i use in my parts washer as well....
    really only looking for wd 40 at this time unless you know of a differant DIRECT substitute for brownells water displacing oil

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Rural King has gallon size cans for 16.99 a piece according to their website. I know our local RK carries the gallon size. I know you wanted 5 gallons but It would still be cheaper(then brownells) if you bought it by the gallon and you could buy it locally.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    rural king near Indianapolis, INCategories: Farm Supls and Feed, Retail Stores
    transparent.png

Rural King - more info »
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?c...=src:ppphoto&ei=buFIS4_QEIbgyQT88N3WAg&dtab=51800 South Ohio Street, Martinsville, IN‎ - (765) 352-2980‎
    Write a review

transparent.png

Rural King - more info »
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?c...=src:ppphoto&ei=buFIS4_QEIbgyQT88N3WAg&dtab=5127 South Memorial Drive, New Castle, IN‎ - (765) 593-0590‎
    Write a review

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    where is rural king?

I dont know exactly where you are but It looks like maybe martinsville is the closest one to Indy. I live in new Castle and we have one here.

Store Locator America's Farm & Home Store

maybe this link will help.

I checked Tractor Supply's on line price and it was 19.99. I personally dont shop at TSC very often because I perfer Rural King. I know RK runs a no tax day special every once in a while. Just trying to give you options. :dunno:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    mineral spirits is more of a good degreasers... i am going for the opposite effect... it needs to completely displace water AND stop the corrosion process... i dont believe mineral spirits will quite work, although its what i use in my parts washer as well....
    really only looking for wd 40 at this time unless you know of a differant DIRECT substitute for brownells water displacing oil

I believe that WD-40 is basically a majority mineral spirits or the like mixed with a small percentage of mineral oil. That being said, it's still probably cheaper to buy the real thing rather then come up with a similar concoction.....probably would cost you more in the long run.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I believe that WD-40 is basically a majority mineral spirits or the like mixed with a small percentage of mineral oil. That being said, it's still probably cheaper to buy the real thing rather then come up with a similar concoction.....probably would cost you more in the long run.

while you might be onto something as i have heard the same things before... the wd40 thing is PROVEN, and i dont want to try and blaze my own trail at this time.... just looking for the most economical way to expan my business.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Open an account with Grainger and MSC. Both have locations near you.

You've got your sales tax license now, you'll be good to go with both of them.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Give granger a call Nick or tractor supply. Granger shows 5 gallon cans on their site and 55 gallon drums on thier site as well.

WD-40 Bulk, 5 Gallon - Penetrants-Lubricants - Lubricants - Power Tools & Metalworking : Grainger Industrial Supply

Lubricant, Wd 40, 55 G - Penetrants-Lubricants - Lubricants - Power Tools & Metalworking : Grainger Industrial Supply

There is a granger out on 16th not far from the speedway and one out north off I-69

Branch: 368
    1819 W. 16TH St.
    Indianapolis, IN 46202-2032
    Phone: (317) 632-8341

Branch: 369
    9210 Corporation Dr.
    Indianapolis, IN 46256-1017
    Phone: (317) 842-2497

Top Bottom