Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How do you mean?
    Can we agree WLP created a rubber stamp BOD?

A BOD that likely would give him what he wanted legally?

My question is why for the pittance amounts of the alleged fraud would one take that risk?

As I said, maybe he got too confident he was untouchable. What is he going to say? I gave that trip to senator x?

I suspect far more than we know was going on behind the scenes that we will never know about, that information was used to try to oust WLP, but some of it got out to those that have it in for the organization.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The BOD failed in their duty to protect the NRA. Intimidated or not by WLP they owed a duty to the members of the NRA and not to WLP! Oliver North evidently tried to set in place reforms but his efforts were undermined by WLP and his lieutenants. That is why in my ballot yesterday I only voted for new members and not incumbents. I really do hope a new board will get its act together and reform and restore the NRA. :patriot:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That is why in my ballot yesterday I only voted for new members and not incumbents. I really do hope a new board will get its act together and reform and restore the NRA. :patriot:
    This seems odd to me. You don’t believe there is one good current director on the board? Will you vote that way next time too? This does not sound like a plan to rebuild but rather just a flip off to the organization.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    This seems odd to me. You don’t believe there is one good current director on the board? Will you vote that way next time too? This does not sound like a plan to rebuild but rather just a flip off to the organization.
    Get rid of the incumbents because they failed in their duty to protect the organization. Just like virtually all the incumbents in Congress, especially the Democrats, who have turned their backs to the Constitution and American way of life.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Get rid of the incumbents because they failed in their duty to protect the organization. Just like virtually all the incumbents in Congress, especially the Democrats, who have turned their backs to the Constitution and American way of life.
    My grandma taught me the lesson of not throwing the baby out with the bath water.

There are 76 members of the BOD, how do we know none of them are any good? We don’t so we must research, listen to KiA and others in the know. There just is no discernment to not voting for any incumbent because the board did not do what you thought was right. There are some that have been wanting reform.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    That is ONE version of the story. Are you 100% sure it is the truth?
    Here
    There are 200+ pages of testimony and evidence submitted to the court. They even provide receipts and invoices.

They wanted Oliver North to be a face, when he tried to live up to his job title...it risked the grift.

Not once since information was made public, have the activities and expenses in question been explained or justified. WLP had a chance to defend himself and the actions and expenses in court. He could not and did not because they are not defendable.

They simply call them "attacks on the organization"

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Here
    There are 200+ pages of testimony and evidence submitted to the court. They even provide receipts and invoices.

They wanted Oliver North to be a face, when he tried to live up to his job title...it risked the grift.

Not once since information was made public, have the activities and expenses in question been explained or justified. WLP had a chance to defend himself and the actions and expenses in court. He could not and did not because they are not defendable.

They simply call them "attacks on the organization"
    And my point all along has been; it seems likely they engaged in swamp activities and the penalties for that are worse than the penalties for this.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It seems odd to me that, out of one side, you are saying there must be details we'll never know to the shady dealings of Wayne and his cronies while from the other side you are trying to raise doubt that all of the BoD members are suspect and saying perhaps some should be kept

If, as you say, we can never know the truth of what went on and who participated then a clean sweep would seem to be indicated to be sure all the rot is removed. The innocent swept up in the purge could always run for the board again, after robust anti-corruption safeguards are in place, and make their case for being an officer to a smaller, cleaner board with the organizations best interests at heart

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    And my point all along has been; it seems likely they engaged in swamp activities and the penalties for that are worse than the penalties for this.

It doesn't. Not to anybody but you. You've convinced yourself there's some hidden bribery going on that nobody was able to uncover and nobody was willing to cop to to save themselves, despite all the pressure put on the NRA and this mass infiltration by "them"... based on literally nothing other than your own musings.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The Board of Directors, each and everyone of the bloated NRA board owed a fiduciary duty to the NRA as a whole. They were to have acted in good faith wholly in the best interests of the non-profit corporation. This included monitoring all assets, income, costs and expenses. They were supposed to oversee all actions of the executives of the corporation. They jointly and severally failed to execute on their fiduciary responsibilities.

We could go on “ad infinitum” with this discourse. So, let’s agree to disagree in the best interests of the NRA about the past recent history of the Board and hope that “new blood” will bring about the reformation and restoration of the NRA.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It seems odd to me that, out of one side, you are saying there must be details we'll never know to the shady dealings of Wayne and his cronies while from the other side you are trying to raise doubt that all of the BoD members are suspect and saying perhaps some should be kept
    How is it incongruous that we don’t know the details of what went on in the C-suite, and that since the **** went down or even possible before there were directors that wanted to reform things and provide better transparency to the members?

If, as you say, we can never know the truth of what went on and who participated then a clean sweep would seem to be indicated to be sure all the rot is removed. The innocent swept up in the purge could always run for the board again, after robust anti-corruption safeguards are in place, and make their case for being an officer to a smaller, cleaner board with the organizations best interests at heart
    You and others decided to burn it down so not a lot to debate. I suspect folks will regret the day they burned it down. Probably be bankrupt in a couple of years short of a miracle…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It doesn't. Not to anybody but you. You've convinced yourself there's some hidden bribery going on that nobody was able to uncover and nobody was willing to cop to to save themselves, despite all the pressure put on the NRA and this mass infiltration by "them"... based on literally nothing other than your own musings.
    Yep, a lifetime of following the filthy politics of DC boils down to nothing more than silly musings.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The Board of Directors, each and everyone of the bloated NRA board owed a fiduciary duty to the NRA as a whole. They were to have acted in good faith wholly in the best interests of the non-profit corporation. This included monitoring all assets, income, costs and expenses. They were supposed to oversee all actions of the executives of the corporation. They jointly and severally failed to execute on their fiduciary responsibilities.

We could go on “ad infinitum” with this discourse. So, let’s agree to disagree in the best interests of the NRA about the past recent history of the Board and hope that “new blood” will bring about the reformation and restoration of the NRA.
    Yep, the damage is done and cannot be undone, whether by the c-suite or the members withholding funding, it is baked in the cake.

We need to work together to rebuild it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom