Wayne LaPierre--Is it time for the NRA to choose a new SPOX?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Oh, and I agree - you can be the President of something and not necessarily be the best spokesman for it. Some people are just better speakers than others. Seems you could have trained debates that don't have the organizational skills....

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I nominate Ben Shapiro.

I have been VERY impressed by his arguments on behalf of the 2A against Piers Morgan and everyone else that has decided to take him on. I think it's time for a younger, agile voice to represent us.

Last edited:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    He doesn't necessarily need replaced just never speak in public again. Get someone who knows how to speak in pubic.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Saw video of his performance last week on that show. He got his ass handed to him on a network that's supposedly on the side of gunowners. He's outlived his usefulness by more than a few years. Surely the NRA can find someone better to represent them? Or at least be their spokesperson. He's not making a good case for gunowners.

FNC has overall been falling in line pushing for some gun control from what I have seen. They seem to be MSM lite on this issue.

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I too thought Wayne was a little weak. The NRA always seems so out of touch, like it's full of senior citizens living in the 50's.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    FNC has overall been falling in line pushing for some gun control from what I have seen. They seem to be MSM lite on this issue.

A REAL journalist's job in an interview is to advocate no one's side. It is to challenge the interviewee and their positions so that the viewer can reach their own conclusion.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A REAL journalist's job in an interview is to advocate no one's side. It is to challenge the interviewee and their positions so that the viewer can reach their own conclusion.

This is the way it should be, I agree.

However if you'd seen the segment just before the subject of the OP, it was a relatively sympathetic one with Gabby Gifford's husband. Now LaPierre walked into that sharks' tank with a gushing arterial wound, with that feckless performance and Wallace's feeding frenzy was deserved. But I think Expat's comments are based on a number of hosts' and talking heads' consolatory remarks towards some of these gun control measures being bandied about. Fox News' NY, big city biasness is really quite blatant on this subject.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Shep has made no attempt to hide his disdain for RKBA arguments. Every time there has been a new shooting, he has made a comment about the shootings continue while people continent to argue about gun control. Brian has stated over and over about "common sense" gun control that everyone should agree.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Shep has made no attempt to hide his disdain for RKBA arguments. Every time there has been a new shooting, he has made a comment about the shootings continue while people continent to argue about gun control. Brian has stated over and over about "common sense" gun control that everyone should agree.

Yeah and of course we've all heard O'Reilly talking out his arse. My crush on Dana Perrino is slightly bruised after a compromising comment I heard her make.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah and of course we've all heard O'Reilly talking out his arse. My crush on Dana Perrino is slightly bruised after a compromising comment I heard her make.

And of course, from what I have read, Rupert is a long time gun grabber as well.

Dana disappointed me as well :(

Walken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Clark County
    I joined the NRA a few weeks ago even though I acknowledged they aren't perfect. Wayne would be one of those imperfections.

He is reliable and we shouldn't fantasize that someone is going to come along and wow the media. They will always rage at a no-compromise position, but we can do better than Wayne.

Top Bottom