• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I live in Brown County. I put a sign in my yard that says "Wildlife Sanctuary - Do Not Spray or Mow". I haven't mowed grass, or watered it, in over 20 years.

We have a water barrel irrigation system setup for our garden, but the barrel is empty, so we are watering the garden.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm sure you are using the global "his" and not directing that at me. I could double my watering schedule and still be within the restriction.

As a real estate broker, can you explain the jurisdiction a city I don't live in has over me?

Fill up your large whirlpool tub every night and you'll be just fine.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Fill up your large whirlpool tub every night and you'll be just fine.

I don't get it.

I do think it's funny that water is such a Precious resource that they will limit how much we can use when times are tough. But our own money that we trade our time on earth to obtain belongs fully to the government and if we want to keep more of OUR precious resource then we are selfish.

The government never cuts back, limits itself, etc... But they WILl take more from us when their revenue goes down

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm sure you are using the global "his" and not directing that at me. I could double my watering schedule and still be within the restriction.

If it makes you feel better.

As a real estate broker, can you explain the jurisdiction a city I don't live in has over me?

What would being a real estate broker have to do with it?

Ah yes, government mandating wisdom upon its citizens. I'm just testy from the rip a few posts above based on what appears to be pure gall

:crying:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If it makes you feel better.

What would being a real estate broker have to do with it?

:crying:

This thread is just full of hilarity. I simply asked how to interpret something based on a jurisdictional question and I'm being slammed by people for trying to ensure I'm in compliance with something.

The real estate broker comment was brought up since you like to mention your credentials when you talk about HOA legality or enforcing various local issues. I was asking you to use your knowledge of local laws to interpret my question.

I've suffered fools enough for today.

Well... not quite yet. 88GT, you said the way "it should be". Please address my pool filling question above.

Last edited:

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Much to the Ire my neighbor, I haven't watered my lawn in 8 years. Just plain do not care. He watered till the Town asked him to stop. Personally.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Some lawns have tens of thousands of dollars invested in them. Some people wish to sell their home and a well manicured lawn adds value. Lawn watering is seen by some as prideful or vain when it is more often pride of ownership or asset protection.

As has been said, Bargersville is currently in a voluntary conservation condition

If you were my neighbor I wouldn't care if you watered or not. I just want your weeds controlled to keep them out of my lawn

Also, anyone have their sump setup to purge to a rain barrel? Would that be functional?

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    weeds

If you were my neighbor I wouldn't care if you watered or not. I just want your weeds controlled to keep them out of my yard.

Karma is a bear. We did the whole Plate of cookies to them when they moved in shortly after we did. "O you have kids our kids age excellent." I explained about our High functioning Autistic daughter. Very nice long interaction. He ejected her off his property a week later cause she tripped over his sons new toy and did not say sorry. He proceded to tell me she was not welcome, the others were ok. I said no thank you and called the others home.

So you know I am not a douch, Our other neighbor and I mow each thers front lawn if the other is not arround and the grass is getting tall. Sorry for the hijack.
    Ps she didn't hurt the toy.

Myles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    If you were my neighbor I wouldn't care if you watered or not. I just want your weeds controlled to keep them out of my lawn

I agree with most of what you say, but if my weeds are a hassle to you, then it is your problem because I don't spray for weeds.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    He ejected her off his property a week later cause she tripped over his sons new toy and did not say sorry. He proceded to tell me she was not welcome, the others were ok. I said no thank you and called the others home.

Wow, that is a total DB move. Hopefully your other kids learned a lesson about sticking up for themselves and their siblings over that one. If one part of the family isn't welcome, it's not worth going.

I agree with most of what you say, but if my weeds are a hassle to you, then it is your problem because I don't spray for weeds.

what I meant by that was I would mention something if it was infesting my yard with weeds. I would never say anything rude about it and certainly you would never know if your brown yard bothered me. If anything it would make mine even nicer by comparison.

I have oversprayed weed-b-gone on my neighbors yard at our old house to get a barrier established. Never said anything, just covered his lawn with some chemicals. I'm sure he could tell when the clover bloomed and there were sweeping negative arcs of no flowers.

williamsjr22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011

I tend to look at it as a pride thing. Not to have a better looking yard than my neighbor, but to have my street and neighborhood look the best that it can.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I tend to look at it as a pride thing. Not to have a better looking yard than my neighbor, but to have my street and neighborhood look the best that it can.

I take pride in the fact that I own my property and can do what I damn well please with it. Oh wait, my neighbors wishes for my property that I paid for trump my own.

williamsjr22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    I take pride in the fact that I own my property and can do what I damn well please with it. Oh wait, my neighbors wishes for my property that I paid for trump my own.

Have you had a bad experience with some neighbors in the past over your yard? I understand that is is grass and you can kill it off and pave it with concrete if you want, but why wouldn't you want it to look good?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Have you had a bad experience with some neighbors in the past over your yard? I understand that is is grass and you can kill it off and pave it with concrete if you want, but why wouldn't you want it to look good?

I do have a nice yard and take pride in it. I just hate tyrants that want to dictate to others how their property must look. There are several posters here who support code enforcement and there are regularly threads posted here about homeowners being hassled by neighbors.

I like nice neighborhoods to. But I like property rights better. I want nanny state laws and codes to disappear.

williamsjr22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    I do have a nice yard and take pride in it. I just hate tyrants that want to dictate to others how their property must look. There are several posters here who support code enforcement and there are regularly threads posted here about homeowners being hassled by neighbors.

I like nice neighborhoods to. But I like property rights better. I want nanny state laws and codes to disappear.

+1 :):

Top Bottom